Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasp nest removal Clonmel

• 27-07-2015 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations for someone to do this at a reasonable price? Preferably ASAP. Have looked at Rentakill for quote and it's €125 :eek::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

pooch90 wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations for someone to do this at a reasonable price? Preferably ASAP. Have looked at Rentakill for quote and it's €125 :eek::eek:

Bee keepers who supply local shops with honey might be able to help you.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Where is the nest? What I mean is..... Is it in a clay, soil, bank or a hanging nest somewhere.

Deal with them after dark as all the wasps will be in the nest by then. Treating them during daylight hours will only have partial effect as the others will return later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Had a nest in the house last year, i got 2 cans of nest killer in b&q and went at it late in the evening. All wasps dead and no stings thankfully! There was hundreds of the feckers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

I had a wasps nest last year in the remains of a tree stump/root in the garden, missus Called the first person she googled locally, they came used some white powder stuff and that was that sorted.
    No bill. they bill the local council, stuff like that and rats and other vermin problems are taken care of promptly here(denmark). i am sure we pay for that sort of **** in our taxes though.

Just saying like:) you don't want to be messing with stuff like that especially if there are kids around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭pooch90

It's a nest in a bush in our neighbours but they are gone away and asked us to take care of it. Seriously aggressive little buggers,not going to attempt it ourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

It's a nest in a bush in our neighbours but they are gone away and asked us to take care of it. Seriously aggressive little buggers,not going to attempt it ourselves.

I know there is Pat Dwyer as well - based locally - (052) 612 1563.

All in all wrote: »
    I know there is Pat Dwyer as well - based locally - (052) 612 1563.

Thanks a million,exactly what I was looking for,will give him a buzz in a while. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Thanks a million,exactly what I was looking for,will give him a buzz in a while. Thanks again.

Pat is excellent and a gent.

Pat is excellent and a gent.

Just rang there, thanks guys!

Wanted to come back and say thank you again for recommending Pat, he came the same day and back twice today to check they were gone. Absolute gentleman, even took the time to explain things to the local kids lurking about!

Advertisement