Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Time

Options
  • 27-07-2015 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Alright lads,

I've built my first rig. Loving everything so far. Now I'm looking at getting a nice tidy 24" to use with it. I think 1920 x 1080p is fine for now, have d.age inquisition downloaded and want to enjoy with a decent monitor :)

Asus VS247HR 23.6" 1920x1080 2ms VGA DVI HDMI LED Monitor - 167 Euros

This is what I'm eyeballing on Dabs - seems to have reviewed well, cheap and cheerful. Is it worth spending a few more bucks for a better model? I don't know much about monitors, and having read through the topics here everyone seems to be looking for something different.

I'll be playing mostly rpgs (d.age, fallout 3/n.vegas, some civ, some online card games etc), so I think I don't need to go too extravagent here.

Any thoughts? Would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That is a good monitor for your needs. No need for 120Hz or 1ms response time for your needs. But it is still good as it is 2ms response time and 75Hz so better than most monitors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

im going to be getting the dell u2414h when i pick a monitor up at the end of the month. i forget exactly why i decided on this one over all the others, but i'm sure i had my reasons

im pretty sure it had to do with the comparative lack of ips glow and just general competence in its manufacturing

i dunno, it's about a hundred quid dearer too so might not be what you're after

Advertisement