Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live

Options
  • 27-07-2015 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hey guys
    Working in city west since last week.
    can anyone recommend where to live thats at least walkable or on the red line.
    not alot of choice between Citywest and Clondalkin.

Thanx in adv
    aaaaaahhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

If I was you I would look at either Smithfield/Stoneybatter, Rialto, Inchicore or even Dublin 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Depends on your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Taboola wrote: »
    Depends on your budget.

Up to around €550, €600 at a push

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

+1 for Stoneybatter or its grimier neighbour Smithfield. The areas themselves look a bit dodgy at first glance, but there's a nice village atmosphere and most of the amenities you're likely to need.

Inchicore as an area is pretty grim - I definitely wouldn't want to live there. Rialto is probably OK, but I often felt a little uneasy walking through there after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

+1 for Stoneybatter or its grimier neighbour Smithfield. The areas themselves look a bit dodgy at first glance, but there's a nice village atmosphere and most of the amenities you're likely to need.

Inchicore as an area is pretty grim - I definitely wouldn't want to live there. Rialto is probably OK, but I often felt a little uneasy walking through there after dark.

Inchicore is grand, further on in kilmainham is nicer again. Id consider Rialto worse, been out jogging round there in the evenings and there are some rare people hanging about

• Advertisement

Up to around €550, €600 at a push

Are you looking for a house share or your own place?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Taboola wrote: »
    Are you looking for a house share or your own place?

House share

I'd go with Inchicore or Kilmainham if you don't mind getting the Luas. Think it takes about 25 mins.

If you want a shorter commute then stay closer to Clondalkin/Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Related Question-

Anywhere handy other than Daft to look for accommodation in the City?

Any on-line newspapers etc?

Advertisement