Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IF ANYONE HAS INFORMATION

Options
  • 28-07-2015 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm just wondering has anyone ever delt with LMS (letting and management solutions Carlow)

Could people share there experience if they have any thinking of going with them for student accommodation and I want to make sure it's good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

They're all grand in Carlow. LMS or CPM will see you right I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

A number of things you should check:

• is the property listed with the PRTB - has to be legally if not then do not under any circumstances rent it as you can kiss your deposit goodbye;
    • is the property insured and if so you will need to see copy of insurance certificate;
    • BER cert - remember the higher the letter the costlier to heat;
    • check with IT, Carlow student office to see if there have been previous complaints about landlord;
    • make sure your deposit is held by the letting company - again this is a legal requirement;
    • if a number of you are renting then you will to determine a process of who pays for any damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Avoid Carlow Property Management like the plague, no chance of getting the deposit back from them without a long drawn out PRTB claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Doff wrote: »
    Avoid Carlow Property Management like the plague, no chance of getting the deposit back from them without a long drawn out PRTB claim.

Never had an issue with them, and on,y time I ever heard of someone having an issue with a deposit was when the landlord wouldn't pony it up to be honest. (or if the tenants trashed the place) Be very interested to hear your story though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Emmalousie94

Doff wrote: »

Well I'm after going with LMS, how's there reputation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Well I'm after going with LMS, how's there reputation?

I've not heard anything about them, which is more of a good thing than a bad thing. However if you are having any issues with student accommodation the college provide fantastic advice for students.

I don't want to get much into my issue with CPM but it revolves around false promises, them breaking our contract and prolonging the PRTB case as long as possible.

Advertisement