Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Nesson not looking well

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

A Daily Mail link?

Seriously?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    A Daily Mail link?

Seriously?

Not just the mail the story is on many other websites.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/liam-neeson-shocks-with-frail-frame/story-fn907478-1227459597057

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    A Daily Mail link? Seriously?

Pointless Daily Mail sneering. Seriously?
    Simon2015 wrote: »
    Not just the mail the story is on many other websites.

Yeah, seen the images on a few sites earlier. Hope it's just exhaustion or something he can bounce back from. Michael Douglas looked ten years older and gaunt around five years back just before his cancer treatment and so you never know. Fingers crossed for him anyway. The man's a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

All good folks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Nobody photographs well in crap clothing and bright noon sun. Not at 63 anyway. He also needs a haircut. That's all.

Otherwise looks his age.

• Advertisement

He's a man in his 60s who I doubt spends all that much time in the gym between shoots. It's like when the Daily Mail ran a story about Sean Bean and how bad he looked carrying six pack of beers back home. What people forget is that when you see many of these stars in real life they look quite different to how they do onscreen, William Goldman said that only two actors look the same onscreen as they do in real life, Paul Newman and Hugh Grant. Anyone else you'd struggle to recognise removed a set.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hollywood actor not looking as perfect as his onscreen persona shock! Pretty typical standard for a rag like the Daily Mail but I guess it's a change from the more female-focused stories of this ilk; those leering TMZ-style photos of female stars displaying *gosh* cellulite or faces without makeup during what are often meant to be their private days off. If I'm as healthy looking as Liam Neeson does when I get to 63 I'll be very thankful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

pixelburp wrote: »
    ..it's a change from the more female-focused stories of this ilk; those leering TMZ-style photos of female stars displaying *gosh* cellulite or faces without makeup during what are often meant to be their private days off.

When it comes to body shaming, the DM/Mirror/TMZ/Enquirer (insert tabloid of your choice) treat male celebs with just the same disregard as they do female celebs:

G-LARD-iator: Russell Crowe
    The Changingman: Paul Weller
    Jeremy Clarkson's Personal Airbag
    John Travolta Beachside Paunch
    Hollywood hunk Reeves packs a paunch while boating in Cannes
    Leonardo DiFlabrio.
    The Great Fatsby

With regards to Liam, a representative has been quoted today as saying: "He's never been healthier.".

So hopefully that is indeed the case and this is just a nothing story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

jesus lads its just for a role hes playing in a new scorsese film
    1321421 wrote:
    The 63-year-old Ballymena-born star has just finished shooting director Martin Scorcese's latest project Silence, in which he plays a Jesuit priest who faces violence and persecution when he attempts to spread the word of Christianity.

Maybe Nesson is suffering from a lack of dorma?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

When it comes to body shaming, the DM/Mirror/TMZ/Enquirer (insert tabloid of your choice) treat male celebs with just the same disregard as they do female celebs:

G-LARD-iator: Russell Crowe
    The Changingman: Paul Weller
    Jeremy Clarkson's Personal Airbag
    John Travolta Beachside Paunch
    Hollywood hunk Reeves packs a paunch while boating in Cannes
    Leonardo DiFlabrio.
    The Great Fatsby

What kills me about these articles is that all of them (except Di Caprio) are in their 50s and beyond. What else were they expecting from blokes who are not all that far from their free bus pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Looks to me like he's just showing his age. He's 63, what do they expect him to look like at that age? A man in his 30's with a great body?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 roisin.browne

I think it's just a combination of harsh daylight, not being primped and prepped for the red carpet and hopefully the weight loss is role-related.

Advertisement