Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a bill two months in a row (estimated customer reading)

Options
  • 28-07-2015 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I submitted a customer reading on June 19th. There was an estimated reading on July 2nd, and was issued a bill (for 71 days) on July 3rd, which I paid immediately. The bill stated that the next one should issue on approximately August 31st.

Yesterday, on July 27th, I submitted another meter reading, in order to keep everything up to speed. I was surprised to see a new bill issued this morning, July 28th. I also paid it immediately.

My question is, why were bills issued two months in a row? Will I be issued a bill every time I submit a reading? (I plan to submit one once a month, when my letting agency provides me with a reading.)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi srkiboy,

Thank you for your post.

Customers receive six bills every year - one every two months. There are four planned meter reads per year and the local meter reader will read all the meters in your area at the same time. Four bills are based on actual readings providing the meter reader can access your meter, while the remaining two are based on meter read estimates. The billing cycle will remain the same regardless of any changes in name or submitted readings. Therefore, we would recommend that you only submit a reading if you have received an estimated bill already or have received a card from a meter reader stating that they called while you were out. Submitting readings in the middle of billing periods will result in extra bills being issued.

If you would like us to check the particulars of your account, please confirm the following details for us via private message:

- Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number or date of birth
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 11 srkiboy

Hi srkiboy,

Thank you for your post.

Customers receive six bills every year - one every two months. There are four planned meter reads per year and the local meter reader will read all the meters in your area at the same time.  Four bills are based on actual readings providing the meter reader can access your meter, while the remaining two are based on meter read estimates. The billing cycle will remain the same regardless of any changes in name or submitted readings. Therefore, we would recommend that you only submit a reading if you have received an estimated bill already or have received a card from a meter reader stating that they called while you were out. Submitting readings in the middle of billing periods will result in extra bills being issued.

If you would like us to check the particulars of your account, please confirm the following details for us via private message:

- Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number or date of birth
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife
    Thank you for the quick response! I have sent you the details as a private message. :)

Advertisement