Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to run RC car in Waterford

Options
  • 28-07-2015 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi there, can anybody recommend some disused land to run a nitro RC buggy 1/8 scale? Been meeting up at butlerstown retail park after hours, but there has to be somewhere more interesting?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

AviationUK wrote: »
    Hi there, can anybody recommend some disused land to run a nitro RC buggy 1/8 scale? Been meeting up at butlerstown retail park after hours, but there has to be somewhere more interesting?

Thanks!

industrial estates is all i can think of and have been used in the past for such things. what kind of terrain can they be used on? love a go myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Think theres a place over the bridge between the new bridge roundabout and the motorway roundabout where you may be able to take it off road. Usually mounds of stone there that the buggy might be able to ramp off.

Also there must be some forest trails somewhere that you may be able to use

• Registered Users Posts: 29 AviationUK

Thank you very much! I'll try on the new bridge road area! Anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

wobbles wrote: »
    Think theres a place over the bridge between the new bridge roundabout and the motorway roundabout where you may be able to take it off road. Usually mounds of stone there that the buggy might be able to ramp off.
    Is that CHI Enviromental? If it is, maybe give them a ring beforehand?

Advertisement