Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two iPads on the same iTunes account

• 28-07-2015 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've got an iPad (the first one) that I sync with my iTunes on my PC. I'm looking at getting a new iPad (probably the Air 2).

Will iTunes recognise these two iPads as different devices and therefore I can choose what to sync on each one, maybe turn off some apps on one but still sync them on the other? Or will the new iPad 'take over' from the old one, and I can't keep both of them going without having to create a new iTunes library for the new one?

I'm hopeful they'll work side by side, as iTunes can handle my iPod and iPad with different selections (like I've only music on the iPod, no pictures synced, but I do have pictures synced on the iPad).

Any help appreciated, thanks...

J.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yes, iTunes will recognise them as different devices with different settings. Although if you want to restore your old iPad’s settings, etc onto to the new one, you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Great, thanks for confirming that for me...

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Really? It doesnt do that with Ipods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Well, it worked fine for me, I have the same library with two different sync settings for the two iPads.

Thanks for the advice...

J.

Advertisement