Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit

Options
  • 28-07-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Whats the highest amount that you can use your visa debit to purchase something?
    i was thinking of using my visa debit to purchase a car instead of getting a bank draft as I cannot make it to the bank in time to get one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Whats the highest amount that you can use your visa debit to purchase something?
    i was thinking of using my visa debit to purchase a car instead of getting a bank draft as I cannot make it to the bank in time to get one.
    Hi claireollie84,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

You can spend up to the available funds on your account. Retailers can have their own limits and may need to authorise a large transaction with their own bank. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭eggerb

Is this information still valid? viz. a BOI customer can spend up to the available funds in their account in a single visa debit transaction. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

eggerb wrote: »
    Is this information still valid? viz. a BOI customer can spend up to the available funds in their account in a single visa debit transaction.  Thanks.
    Good Morning eggerb, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

I can confirm that this information is still valid with the exception of Contactless transactions which have a maximum limit of €30. There are no limits on purchases for online or pin verified transactions. As mentioned, some retailers may have their one limits for large transactions, so it would always be best to check with them before hand to avoid disappointment. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please let us know. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭eggerb

Great - thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

eggerb wrote: »
    Great - thanks.
    You're very welcome eggerb, 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Advertisement
Advertisement