Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint re Attempted Contract Renewal

Options
  • 28-07-2015 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

I rang Eircom yesterday evening to discuss my contract as my 12 month term is now up. The systems were down so I was told they would call me back today. Earlier today, at 11.23, I was called by 01 8764300. I spoke initially to a man who tried to say that I had signed a new contract in January and my twelve month contract was not up yet. I explained that this was not the case. I signed a contract last Summer (July to be exact) and that an additional discount had been applied by a rep through Boards.ie in January because the discount I was to get for July to December was not applied correctly. I had to chase this for a number of months before it was corrected.

He then said he would put me through to the loyalty team. I spoke to a lady there, I believe her name may have been Margaret. She said she would read my file re the contract in January and asked could she put me on hold. She then put me on hold for more than 8 minutes without once explaining where she had gone or what she was doing. That is terrible phone manner. When she came back, she said that the best she could offer was €38 for six months or €53 for six months. I explained that Sky, on their Sky Broadband Unlimited and Talk option, are offering €30 a month for six months and then €40 a month. She said she could not match this and I said that was fine and that I wished to cancel my contract with Eircom.

She told me I would need to go to the new provider who would contact Eircom in relation to moving my number over. She then mentioned an early cancellation charge that may be sent out to me. I started to explain once again that this shouldn't apply. My contract started last July and was now up. She agreed that this shouldn't apply but stated that in case it was applied. I stopped her there and explained that if she was aware it shouldn't apply, why was there a chance I could receive a letter regarding it? Surely she could put a note on the system there and then cancelling it or telling someone to cancel it if it is generated. She then said I wasn't letting her speak which I took umbrage too given her earlier phone manner of leaving me on hold for an extended period of time with no explanation.

I asked that she get her team leader to call me as I have no faith in Eircom billing after my experience with them last year. I have yet to hear from anyone. I also noted with her that Eircom have just been hit with a fine for overcharging customers so I don't know how she can expect people to have faith in them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Any chance of a reply to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Lemlin wrote: »
    Any chance of a reply to this?
    Hi Lemlin

Apologies for the delays,

It was myself who processed the package and credit back in January and of course no contract will apply.

Perhaps you can take a phone call to discus this please? Please PM me your mobile number and the a time to call that suits you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hi Lemlin

It was myself who processed the package and credit back in January and of course no contract will apply.

Perhaps you can take a phone call to discus this please? Please PM me your mobile number and the a time to call that suits you.

Thanks
    Al

Pm sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hi Lemlin

Thanks
    Al

Pm sent.
    Thanks for taking my call Lemlin

Just to confirm that you were correct with this and you will not be held to contract.

Please PM me as soon as you make your decision in relation to your account.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement