Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi repeater

Options
  • 28-07-2015 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

I just purchased a wireless-N wifi repeater from groupon.
    Does anyone rknow if these can be used on a computer that doesn't have wifi afaik
    There is a RJ45 cable with it to connect to computer but I can't seem to configure it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I use a Netgear extender here that has 4 Ethernet ports for connecting wired devices to so it's possible the device you have will do that but you'll need to give us some more info. What is the make and model of the device you bought ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

ZENER wrote: »
    I use a Netgear extender here that has 4 Ethernet ports for connecting wired devices to so it's possible the device you have will do that but you'll need to give us some more info. What is the make and model of the device you bought ?

Ken

Hi I can't copy and paste the info from groupon for some reason but it's still for sale on groupon.ie at the moment it's called wifi range extender

From the limited description they give it looks like the Ethernet Port might be usable but they also describe it as a WAN port and the box includes a "WiFi Cable" ?!

If you just want to connect a laptop with a cable then why not just buy some Home Plugs or buy a USB WiFi adapter and connect wirelessly ?

Ken

From the limited description they give it looks like the Ethernet Port might be usable but they also describe it as a WAN port and the box includes a "WiFi Cable" ?!

If you just want to connect a laptop with a cable then why not just buy some Home Plugs or buy a USB WiFi adapter and connect wirelessly ?

Ken

Ya I think I'll have to buy home plugs thanks for the info.
    I don't think the adapter I got from groupon will work

How far did you get with the Extender you bought ?

Ken

• Advertisement

How far did you get with the Extender you bought ?

Ken

I just got it to work :)) I think my security on my computer was blocking it :) now to set it up with my Sky box this might be a problem

TV worked :) I'm not really got with these things but kept trying and trying and eventually worked :)

Advertisement