Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for clothes etc leaflet today

Options
  • 28-07-2015 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

a leaflet/sticker thing came around today in Carlow for "sunlight housing foundation ltd" i googled them to see what they do etc but the company was dissolved in 2014. I know many people don't leave out stuff for these collectors but just a heads up if you were going to on this crowd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Generally they're all fly by night chancers. Rule of thumb, to a proper collection point or not at all for these

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

It really is a sector that needs a lot more regulation. There are only a number of genuine "charity" shops in the county. I would suggest people research before donating as some of these shops genuinely need the support as a lifeline and do not pay wages/expenses out of the money received.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I never give to any of these. Plenty legit charity shops in Carlow would only love your stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

People should also be aware that Airtricity are in the area and their awful staff are calling to doors trying to scam elderly people! the first thing they say when the door opens is "I'm here about the gas!". To someone elderly or living with others they could very easily be conned into thinking that a family member had contacted this crowd to get them to call about switching the gas over to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

God I hate callers to ther door. Only on monday I had a run in with one. He wouldn't leave a old lady next door alone kept pushing her to sign up

• Advertisement
Advertisement