Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia 3 Confirmed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

After being burned by Deus Ex I may wait for a GOTY version with all DLC.

Loved the 1st 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Many picking this up on release? never played the original games but think Ill go for this, looks excellent and the early reviews of gameplay look very promising.

Ya, I've ordered it from Amazon but wont get to start playing it until Oct 11th or 12th. Really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Have the deluxe edition pre ordered with Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Game Collection seems to be cheapest online anyway.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/mafia-iii-ps4.html?tduid=36c3f8903887ddceecdd9b793b099664

(Same price for Xbox One version too)

£39.75 = €46.12 (may fluctuate lower or higher from day to day)
    + €3.95 Parcel Motel (or €3.85 with Parcel Wizard)

Total: €50.07

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

That_Guy wrote:
    Game Collection seems to be cheapest online anyway.

Pre ordered with them today. Have the 17th & 18th booked off so will spend those days on this. Looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Really looking forward to this. Loved the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Interested in this.

Tried the first one and got stuck on the race car mission and rage quit.

I think there's a balancing act nowadays with open world games in terms of main story vs side missions. Too much side missions/collectibles stuff to do and it feels too much like a grind and like you just clear areas for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

review embargo till release day,, will wait before buying...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have an annoying problem with my ps4 whereby it keeps ejecting the disc so will just download it I guess sleep.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I have an annoying problem with my ps4 whereby it keeps ejecting the disc so will just download it I guess sleep.png

pour some gaviscon into it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

pour some gaviscon into it!

I'll try anything at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    review embargo till release day,, will wait before buying...

Never a good sign :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Venom wrote: »
    Never a good sign :(

Doom had the same embargo, I have (blind) faith and hope! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Doom had the same embargo, I have (blind) faith and hope! :)
    So had No Mans Sky :eek: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

So had No Mans Sky :eek: :p

... never heard of it :D

I have faith that this will be good.

Pre ordered it on Amazon for £35 a week or two back.

I loved Mafia 2 so I'm hoping it's as good.

Angry Joe seems impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Previews are saying the gameplay mechanics are very 'meh' but the plot, graphics and presentation are brilliant, so .. I'm already torn!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Have to admit I've been a little worried by the sheer amount of goons facing in the opposite direction so you can run up to them and knife them. The sheer amount of knifings I saw in the videos im like 'jeez that is a lot of knifings'. The shooting looks nice, but i never saw anyone die either.

We'll see i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Seems like a weird strategy to let the "Tubers" play the game early, but place an embargo on the review scores dropping.

Some lack of confidence in the predicted scores maybe?

Mafia II is sitting at mid 70's for their reviews in metacritic. And while I don't expect Mafia III to get scores any higher than that, maybe the publisher does?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Seems like a weird strategy to let the "Tubers" play the game early, but place an embargo on the review scores dropping.

Some lack of confidence in the predicted scores maybe?

Mafia II is sitting at mid 70's for their reviews in metacritic. And while I don't expect Mafia III to get scores any higher than that, maybe the publisher does?

PR departments tend to view most Youtubers as influencers rather than reviewers and who in alot of cases, will sign pretty extreme NDA's that will get them huge amounts of views on their videos but insures they can't say anything bad about the game.

The fact none of the big Youtube video game review channels like Totalbiscuit, Jim Sterling or ACG have this game kinda speak volumes.

Venom wrote: »
    PR departments tend to view most Youtubers as influencers rather than reviewers and who in alot of cases, will sign pretty extreme NDA's that will get them huge amounts of views on their videos but insures they can't say anything bad about the game.

The fact none of the big Youtube video game review channels like Totalbiscuit, Jim Sterling or ACG have this game kinda speak volumes.

Oh I'm fully with you on this.
    I'm under no illusion that these are paid for advertisements, rather than honest first opinions.

Actually, TB not having a review code is a pretty big red flag :(

Still, I pre-ordered a steam key from Amazon, so I'll use my own confirmation bias to remain hopeful and cross my fingers so much, that they hurt!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

anybody buy with simply games.com? has your order been shipped yet? mine has not :( hope it arrives on friday

Oh I'm fully with you on this.
    I'm under no illusion that these are paid for advertisements, rather than honest first opinions.

Actually, TB not having a review code is a pretty big red flag :(

Still, I pre-ordered a steam key from Amazon, so I'll use my own confirmation bias to remain hopeful and cross my fingers so much, that they hurt!! :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this game as i love open world games and really hope it will be epic but as you mentioned, so many red flags just can't be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

was looking forward to this.. but will not bother now, maybe wait till it reduces in price, looking at various youtube videos, it looks like the AI is non existent, this will completely ruin the game for me,

Are Amazon still using Asendia for delivery here :confused: Works out around €45 from there at the minute, but if they are still shipping that shower I'll gladly pay the extra in Argos

Are Amazon still using Asendia for delivery here :confused: Works out around €45 from there at the minute, but if they are still shipping that shower I'll gladly pay the extra in Argos

They sure are.
    I'd never heard of this crowd until last week.
    I had Forza and Fifa pre-ordered.
    They both shipped on Wednesday (1 day after forza and 1 day before fifa released).
    The company info in the shipping section just said Ascendia.
    I still haven't gotten delivery :pac:

No tracking info either :mad:

They sure are.
    I'd never heard of this crowd until last week.
    I had Forza and Fifa pre-ordered.
    They both shipped on Wednesday (1 day after forza and 1 day before fifa released).
    The company info in the shipping section just said Ascendia.
    I still haven't gotten delivery :pac:

No tracking info either :mad:

FFS :mad:

Wait the mandatory 10 working days and ask for a refund saying it was an intended gift. Then wait 6 weeks for a 50/50 chance at a free game. My last 3 orders and thats going back ... 18 months or so all failed to arrive, had delivery dates changed by 2 weeks + without notification got 1 order 6 weeks later after I was refunded.

Cheap as they are I won't order a game again until I know they are not using them, amazon used to be great and with the exchange rate becoming ever more favourable it's tempting to go back, but something being late a few days is one thing but rolling the dice as to whether it will arrive at all ? I'll pay more in Argos and be happy I have the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I don't think the lack of review code before release is indicative of anything anymore. DOOM didn't receive reviews until 3-4 days after release and I am pretty sure it will be a GOTY contender for this year. In contrast, Quantum Break was reviewed one week before release and received moderately positive reviews, averaging 7-8 out of 10.

The recommendation remains the same: there is no need to pre-order. Just wait until the game is out (especially a single-player game) and judge for yourself based on what helps you determine purchasing a game, whatever that may be; magazines, YouTube streamers, user reviews, etc.

Advertisement