Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia 3 Confirmed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Let's hope it's a simple .ini fix and not something more annoying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

hopefully yeah i'd been planning on getting this myself but i'll hang on til 2K come back with an answer or a fix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I like that in general more cross platform games are coming to pc, but wow so many games are now poorly done :(

jesus, 75% bad reviews on steam all with the words "30 FPS" in them lol
    2K still haven't said anything publicly yet either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

• Advertisement

first reply was - 60fps is the first dlc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Why is he saying this and not 2k?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Actually leaning towards Mafia with the launch trailer, great stuff altogether made better by Ice Cube and DJ Shadow.

Even the trailer isn't available at 60fps on YouTube... :pac:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Why is he saying this and not 2k?

Complete PR disaster. I can not fathom why they have allowed it to reach this stage. Why didn't they make an announcement during the week to say 60+ fps was coming soon, to reassure people? Incompetent, reckless, foolish, there are many words for it and I don't understand their approach at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I know reviews are not out for the next few days but would love too hear peoples impressions of the pc version.

• Advertisement

I'll be streaming on Steam at 11pm tonight. More than welcome to watch and ask questions. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Falthyron wrote: »
    I'll be streaming on Steam at 11pm tonight. More than welcome to watch and ask questions. :)

Ahhh brilliant I'll tune in :D

Nvidia game ready drivers are out by the way, for anyone who'll need them! :)

Announcement from 2K
    A message to our PC players
    We know how important having options that best suit your PC’s performance capabilities are. The team has been hard at work ensuring that Mafia III’s performance is consistent across all platforms, and right now the game runs at a solid 30 frames-per-second. We are currently working on an update for PC that will give players the option to play Mafia III at higher framerates. We’ll share more details about the update, and when you can expect it to arrive, very soon. In the meantime, the team welcomes feedback and would like to hear from you about what performance adjustment options are important to you. We’re actively considering a number of additional post-launch improvements on PC that would give players more control over how they can tailor the game’s experience to suit their rig’s performance. It’s been an incredible journey developing Mafia III and we couldn’t be more excited to get the game in your hands and hear what you think!

https://mafiagame.com/en/news/view/en-mafia-3-a-message-to-our-pc-players/

What time tomorrow does the review embargo end does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

What time tomorrow does the review embargo end does anyone know?

Don't think it's an ambargo but more that they said no to review copies. Don't expect reviews for a few days at least

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Don't think it's an ambargo but more that they said no to review copies. Don't expect reviews for a few days at least

I think the first reviews will probably land in the next few hours as most reviewers are relying on a New Zealand digital copy to get it first (around now) and get to it.

it's been out a few hours already on steam in various timezones, 50 odd minutes til it's released here

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

All the 30fps raging comments across the Internet has me feeling like this.

ea3230c5f3305a2f2e6838b488d48d12b351a526f64eba190c37eb0ec065b052.jpg

Its mostly the pc players i guess, tbh i wouldnt notice it, i never have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    All the 30fps raging comments across the Internet has me feeling like this.

ea3230c5f3305a2f2e6838b488d48d12b351a526f64eba190c37eb0ec065b052.jpg

You would say that since you play on PS4 :P 60fps is shockingly different to me when I'm playing. This title having a lock on it was the kiss of death (haha mafia term I'm so witty) for it with me since I was already skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You would say that since you play on PS4 :P 60fps is shockingly different to me when I'm playing. This title having a lock on it was the kiss of death (haha mafia term I'm so witty) for it with me since I was already skeptical.
    I've been playing games at 165fps on my monitor and it looks amazing (especially driving games). Playing this at 30fps would be awful, not buying unless it's fixed.

Looks like they pushed release back to midnight... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

That's some monitor you got there! To be honest it's not even that 30fps is that bad or anything it's just a huge red flag for a modern title. I also saw leaked footage about a week ago of atrocious looking NPC behavior, physics and animation. Got a good laugh out of a gif where the player throws a grenade into a room and only the white people died. It was like a race grenade.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think the only proper difference i ever noticed was playing last of us at 60, was soooooo nice. Doesn't mean last gens version at 30 was crap but i don't have enough experience with 60 to care. Ignorance is bliss as they say :)

Looks like they pushed release back to midnight... :(

It was always midnight!
    Where did you get 11pm from?? :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It was always midnight!
    Where did you get 11pm from?? :D

Earlier on today when it said 'X hours until release' it worked out as 11pm. This has happened before with other games because Steam treats the European Zone as Paris (CET), which would be 00.00, or 23:00, Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I hate being a poor :(

Earlier on today when it said 'X hours until release' it worked out as 11pm. This has happened before with other games because Steam treats the European Zone as Paris (CET), which would be 00.00, or 23:00, Irish time.

Ah I see :)

40 mins to go though*

*until I get a key and begin the download

• Advertisement

probably a mistake but i pre ordered it at 2 minutes to midnight :D

30 FPS here I come!

Advertisement