Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia 3 Confirmed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Decrypting.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This is taking a long time.

May get to play the intro at this stage.

Streaming now at glorious 30fps... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Falthyron wrote: »
    Streaming now at glorious 30fps... :P

Linky?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

deadly, streaming here also - https://youtu.be/Qipwb7oNDuU

off to a good start - Jimi's All along the watchtower :)

• Advertisement

1st thing, the soundtrack is brilliant.

2nd thing, this game is racist as ****! :pac:

Soundtrack is awesome but the game looks like ****.

290x2 1080

CBF58BB5865B6B8B25F00B546DE568FC1611D2E1
    0C2539072F5886BFA2C6F3FB4076EA1E14A939E2
    F3CFE395A4E7F8FE5C758C3CD8097AB27D1C95DA

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Linky?

Sorry, I was streaming through Steam.

Some thoughts so far:

1 - 30fps is killing me. I hope the 60+ fps patch comes soon, like tomorrow or sooner...
    2 - Mouse Acceleration/Input lag is present. Pointer feels too sensitive.
    3 - The acting and story is top notch.
    4 - The lighting is nice, but...
    5 - Typical console blur is present and the characters (rendered in-engine) look a lot better in cutscenes than normal play.
    6 - It feels like a much more fleshed out Mafia 2, gameplay-wise.
    7 - The driving is solid, but at 30fps it is a little constrained.
    8 - No crashes or issues so far and I am experiencing a rocksteady 30fps.

Need sleep now! More tomorrow!

yeah, that framerate lock is a bollocks. The game itself though, wow.. just finished the intro stuff - (2 hours +)

Story is equally as impressive as Mafia 2, voice acting is quality - there's even a semi-decent Irish accent.
    But that soundtrack is top notch.

My only complaint after 2 hours is the 30 FPS lock, which is apparently gonna fixed anyway so yeah, class game.

Also, took this screenshot - if ye check the faces of people you've KO'd - they literally look like they've been KnockedTheFcukOut :D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

According to IGN the patch might be out this weekend which will fix the FPS cap. http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/10/06/mafia-3-on-pc-will-run-at-30-frames-per-second-at-launch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Reserved at Argos. Can't wait to get stuck into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hmmm looks like a few wise guys might be sleeping with the fishes the weekend.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Having work this morning, I flicked it on for about 15 mins after it downloaded, just to see how if performed on my computer.

Runs pretty good, have to admit :)

Anyone else try to
    throw the body in the fire, at the very start?
    :D

I only got through the first part of the first mission before I had to go to bed.
    I can't wait to get stuck in later on!

Anyone know if tesco is selling it and for how much? Not ringing an 1890 number to find out. Argos has it for 58 but gamestop, right across from it, is tempting at 75...

marcbrophy wrote: »

Anyone else try to
    I fed the body to the alligator. He looked hungry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

So is it worth spending €30 to get on cdkeys.com then? I'm always apprehensive about getting embargoed games but impressions seem positive here so far?

Hopefully they sort the 30fps thing though so I can 144hz the sh*t out of it.

Can anyone confirm if you have a base of operations in this like the train in AC Syndicate or vineyard in Witcher 3, like a a hq that builds and improves over time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

any reviews up yet?

Quote from Hanger13 through IGN on 30fps+ patch:
    "We currently have a patch running here at the studio that includes 30, 60, and unlimited frames-per-second options in the video menu, among other improvements for the PC version of Mafia III. We’re verifying the patch now to ensure everything is working as expected. If everything goes well, we expect the update to go live this weekend. We will be keeping the PC community up-to-date on the status of the patch throughout the weekend and thank you for all the feedback!"

marcbrophy wrote: »

Anyone else try to

Yes, i stopped playing after you get in the truck will play more the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone know if tesco is selling it and for how much? Not ringing an 1890 number to find out. Argos has it for 58 but gamestop, right across from it, is tempting at 75...

Man you gotta go with gamestop bruh....the heavy metal sound track in store is worth the extra De Niros alone!!!! And then there is the sexy staff, I dont know but there is deffo something sexy about a 3 foot beard and 15 nose/ear rings.

Its how I pass my time waiting to be served, I count all the silver on the staff's faces!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

game was only dispatched yesterday by simply games FFS ugghhh would that arrive by Monday does anybody know? its 1st class int delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was holding off on this until confirmation of the 60+fps patch and it being stable.

Will probably hang of a bit longer, but the game definitely looks like one to pickup. Big fan of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

What's the driving like on consoles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    What's the driving like on consoles?

Not great, very similar to mafia 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmm, delayed review copies and considering how poor Mafia 2 was and the baffling amount of people that actually liked it (I mean really?) I'll be holding out for this one to hear some press reviews.

the pc version is a major improvement to driving in mafia 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hmm, delayed review copies and considering how poor Mafia 2 was and the baffling amount of people that actually liked it (I mean really?) I'll be holding out for this one to hear some press reviews.

I thought if you expected an open world game mafia 2 would be disappointing and although it was short and simple, I found it enjoyable and engaging. Plus I liked the setting.
    People like different things of course.

I avoided Mafia 2 for a year over the reviews and was sickened i did. Picked 3 up in argos earlier and looking forward to getting back into the Mafia world. Good ol Argos with the preorder bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I can't even remember what Mafia II's diving is like it's been so long. Would it be more of GTA V style driving or more like Saints Row? Or nothing like those two?.

Advertisement