Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Store lost customer's item on their care.

Options
  • 28-07-2015 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi, would probably need your advice on the following:

Two weeks ago, my wife lost a small wallet at a store in Galway. When she returned there, she was told the item had been found, but the employees on site couldn't retrieve it for her. "It's probably on the safe and the manager is on holidays" she was told.

When she returned to the shop and finally met the manager, the wallet was nowhere to be seen. The employees on site that day, manager included, searched the shop and were very apologetical as they knew the item but couldn't find it.

This week, allegedly while searching the security tapes, the conclusion given to my wife was: "the employee who found the item threw it on the trash".

We're a bit skeptical about this information, particularly knowing we were told that "the employee who found the item no longer works here".

What should be our next action? Should we get The Garda involved?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Mod: This is not a consumer issue, just because she lost it in a shop doesn't make it one. The same issues of possible theft and responsibility arise if she lost it somewhere else.

I think you'd be better off posting in the Legal Discussion forum but note you cannot ask for legal advice as per their charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement