Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacknight / windows hosting / wordpress / permalinks

Options
  • 28-07-2015 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

I am having real difficulty getting permalinks and redirects working with a wordpress site installed via the app vault on a windows hosting package and would LOVE some help at this point.

In short - wordpress site installed to <domain>/wordpress
    I have a redirect as per https://help.blacknight.com/entries/22934197-How-to-set-up-a-redirect-for-windows-application-vault-installs so going to the root domain will at least get me to my site.

BUT all pages post-redirect still appear as e.g. <domain>/wordpress/index.php/contact/

AND I can't remove the index.php part from my permalinks.

Ideally I would like these to appear as <domain>/contact/ but for the life of me can't get this working.

I've tried following the steps on https://help.blacknight.com/entries/22942328-ISAPI-Rewrite-for-Windows but still can't get it.

When I browse via ftp to /siteapps/WordPress-12345/htdocs I can't see a .htaccess or a Web.config.  When I add a Web.config file here I get a 500 error.  Adding a .htaccess to my root /wwwroot/<domain> just seems to get ignored.

Any idea how I can solve this?  This question seems to be asked many times over but I can't find a clear answer.  I've spent DAYS trying to solve this and my head is wrecked.  I don't want to have to switch to a linux plan just for this...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Have you contacted our support desk about your issue?
    If so, what is the ticket ID?

thanks

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Hi Michele, no I haven't.  I just figured I'd post here first.  But I can call the support desk if you'd prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It's probably best to try our helpdesk first - they'll know how to resolve issues better than I would :)

Advertisement