Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi pizza dough

Options
  • 28-07-2015 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Anyone try this from their refrigerators? How did you find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Anyone try this from their refrigerators? How did you find it?
    Yes, I've tried it it's fine. It's also exactly the same size when rolled out as one of my baking trays, so win-win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

It's brilliant. Fits my baking tray perfectly. Doesn't tear like the Jus-Rol.
    It's really great and I buy it quite often :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

We dont like it at all. Found it stodgy
    Then again we would use wraps for very thin pizzas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Found it great. Very easy to use and cooks very quickly. If you like a thin base on a pizza however, I wouldn't recommend it as it's quite thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Thanks all, will try it over the next few days ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

At 1.29 its worth a pop, lets know how you get on, might buy one myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Ah lads, can ye post pics of the wondrous pizzas ye make with it so I can one again bemoan the fact that I dont have a local ALDI?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pang wrote: »
    Found it great. Very easy to use and cooks very quickly. If you like a thin base on a pizza however, I wouldn't recommend it as it's quite thick.

Just roll it out thinner? That's what I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Finally made this on a bit of a whim. Had a few friends around who had all eaten and said they weren't hungry. I was hungry so made it anyway as I wanted to eat before having a few drinks. It was yum, every bit was devoured by my not hungry friends before I got a chance to take a pic!

Didn't have a base pan the right shape so put it on some lightly oiled tin foil. As a few said It was slightly stodgy but I sliced it up and put it on a griddle pan, will def be doing this soon again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I preheated my sheet pan before putting the pizza dough on the back of it. Worked beautifully and no stodgyness to the crust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I really like the crust - however, i've found that it can stick to the baking tray.

However, a quick brush of some olive oil sorts this nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I really like the crust - however, i've found that it can stick to the baking tray.

However, a quick brush of some olive oil sorts this nicely

Parchment paper works a treat.

It comes with parchment right? Just cook it on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 woman.

It's stodgy compared to my own pizza dough, I've tried it twice but won't be buying it any more, nothing beats thin and crispy home made pizza, and it's not that hard to make, only requires time to prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

What are the remedy's to stop the pizza base sticking to the baking paper it comes with?

What are the remedy's to stop the pizza base sticking to the baking paper it comes with?

Are you cooking it on a hot baking tray?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

juneg wrote: »
    Then again we would use wraps for very thin pizzas
    I use wraps too, sometimes I have 2 together to have it a bit thicker, you can also put more stuff in between the wraps. Some supermarkets have really cheap wraps these days, often now own brand. They are very long life so I guess are irradiated.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

vicwatson wrote: »
    Are you cooking it on a hot baking tray?

No, just put it on the tray and into the oven. I'll give it a go with a hot tray over the weekend.

Thanks.

Advertisement