Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 2 Invite thread *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

daytob wrote: »
    30,000 1+2 sold in china in 64 seconds:eek:

That is all the stock gone so!

Well according to the CEO, they had only 1000 OnePlus ONE units produced on launch day as they didn't know if it would be a hit or not.
    Now fast forward to last week they said they have 30 times the OnePlus ONE numbers waiting to be sold..
    ...err so China just sold out the entire stock in one minute!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Quoting this because some people are still not grasping the concept
    daytob wrote: »
    Just post here requesting if you would like an invite

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Invite please. Got my first one from this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Looking for an invite :-)

ps. sorry for trying to edit spreadsheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I'd like an invite please.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-2-invites-in-august.332832/

Are you excited about the OnePlus 2? Now that the keynote and product launch are behind us, you must be wondering how to get your hands on one. With more than 1 million people already signed up for the reservation list, you may be thinking, “Am I ever going to get an invite?” You don’t have to worry. We learned a lot since our first Flagship Killer and ramped up our production for the OnePlus 2 significantly.

Currently, we haven’t begun sending out invites yet. Expect this to happen around mid-August. I’d like to take a second to explain how we prioritize invite sending for the first month:

Early forum supporters who are still active - post count doesn’t matter
    Our most fervent supporters who got the OnePlus One
    Those who stood in line for hours to get a hands-on experience with the OnePlus 2
    Lastly, a small part of the invites will go to those who shared our reservation list the most

Next to the privilege of being one of the first owning the OnePlus 2, they will also be the first to enjoy shareable invites for the OnePlus 2. If you’ve been there at the beginning and are still supporting us with our journey, you’ll be one of the first to receive an invite. For Southeast Asia, there is still too much uncertainty - our team is still working as hard as possible to deliver you the OnePlus 2 as soon as possible - we will keep you updated.

Still, the fastest way to get an invite (or even a free OnePlus 2) is to participate in one of our contests! Keep an eye on our social media and join the fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Looks like being a long wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Will see how available they become by mid september. If things are looking bleak by then i will start looking at the moto x style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I heard on a YouTube review that only the 64GB version will be available on release with 16GB version becoming available later. I was hoping for a 16GB version so sounds like I might waste an invite if it comes through too soon, unless they allow pre-oders.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Looks like being a long wait.

Moto x\nexus anyone?

And I just sold my one...

The OnePlus 2 is a great device with an even better price, but the real cost is in the effort it takes to secure a unit. The invitation system has its share of critics, and while the overall coverage does help to generate hype for OnePlus, it has also allowed others to cash in on the demand. If you happen to be rolling through Paris, France next Tuesday, you may be able to score yourself a device the old way -- by going to a retail store and exchanging one for money. Sounds crazy, of course, but the Colette retail fashion store will have a limited quantity of One Plus 2s for sale, with no invitation required.

After the success of the even cheaper OnePlus One, the sequel was always going to grab the attention of smartphone fans. But not everybody enjoys being put into a queue, and with Motorola having rolled out a deluge of new, well-priced handsets of its own, many could take their business elsewhere.

Still, if you're planning to be in the French capital on Tuesday, August 11th, you might be able to snag a OnePlus 2 from the Colette store from 11am onwards. There are no guarantees, of course, so don't go booking flights just to get hold if it. But if you're in the vicinity, it's certainly worth a look.

Meanwhile, those ahead in the long virtual queue for a OnePlus 2 will be invited to purchase the much-vaunted handset from Tuesday 11th.

from phonearena

After all of the fanfare that met the launch of the OnePlus 2, the company's divisive invitation system has already reached a passed two million reservations. With fans having trailed the flagship smartphone for so long, the company has already begun sounding off about a new device that could be ready to launch this side of Christmas. We've heard though the oneplus reddit ama that said handset will not be called the OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 2S, leading many to believe that the firm will push a scaled-down, 'mini' edition of the device. But with OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei having told USA Today that it "may or may not" house better specs than the OnePlus 2, we could also be looking at a beastlier offering than what's already here.

The idea that the new device will not be a direct successor to the OnePlus 2 doesn't really tell us anything about what it may look like, or what kind of specs it will harbor. To say that the OnePlus 2 is already well kitted-out would be quite the understatement. Boasting a full-HD, 5.5-inch display, Qualcomm's octa-core Snapdragon 810 and an eye-watering 4 gigs of RAM, it can stand up against any of the industry's most celebrated handsets on paper. Despite ticking most of the key boxes, there are still elements that OnePlus could brush up on, and while there's almost no chance that all of these features will make the cut, here we ponder five shortcomings that the company might wish to address.

from phonearena

$459 http://www.oppomart.com/oneplus/oneplus-2/oneplus-2.html
    5.5-inch full HD screen, 1920x1080 pixels display resolution
    - Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 v2.1 processor
    - 3GB/4GB RAM, 16GB/64GB ROM
    - 13 Megapixel OIS 2.0 rear camera, laser focus
    - Embedded rechargeable 3300 mAh Li-Po battery
    - Dual SIM cards supported, global 4G LTE supported
    - Fast fingerprint scanner supported

If you really want a oneplus 2 and you're willing to make some sacrifices, this may be your chance. OppoMart is currently selling the highly coveted smartphone directly to customers without the need for an invite. Before diving into the details, be warned that you'll want to carefully consider the disadvantages - and there are a few to take into account - before committing to a purchase.

OppoMart has the OnePlus 2 in Sandstone Black with 64GB of integrated storage space and 4GB of RAM available for $459. As far as we can figure out, the only advantage to this offer is that you won't have to wait for an invite before getting the smartphone in your hands. Truth be told, the OnePlus 2 is a great smartphone even at this price, at least on paper, since we haven't had the opportunity to get the device in our testing lab.

Now for the downsides! First off, the handset is priced at $70 more than what OnePlus asks for the same version. Most of you might be willing to live with this slight premium, so let's keep the ball rolling.

Second, this is the Chinese version of the smartphone. While the software is consistent - we're talking here about Oxygen OS, the manufacturer's proprietary implementation of Android - between the various region-specific versions of the handset, as is most if the hardware, the radios are a bit different. The smartphone that OppoMart sells is compatible with GSM 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900Mhz bands, WCDMA 850/ 900/ 1900/ 2100MHz bands and LTE FDD 1800/ 2100/ 2600MHz bands.

Depending on where you live and which carrier you're on, one of three things could happen; the device will be fully compatible, semi-compatible (basic operations such as calls and text working but mobile data speeds being limited), or the handset will not be compatible with your carrier at all. If you're going to purchase the phone, make sure that your carrier fully supports the handset.

Note: in the US, this phone will not work with any 4G LTE carrier. Avoid it!

Last but not least, bear in mind that OppoMart will offer two years of warranty, but in case you turn out to need it, you'll have to go through a rather complicated process that involves shipping the handset back to Hong Kong and waiting for the company to ship you back a working unit.

Source - phonearena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭beardo81

Id like an invite please :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Won't let me check out, once I try it says my cart is empty, shame.

• Advertisement

For the first or 2nd one? keep f5

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Invite please?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

Can I get on the invite list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I'd like an invite please, happy to share all I get here

Anyone know when invites are being sent out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Apparently they are starting to be released now! (10am CEST)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

BLARHFHRGGRRGGGRRR!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm in the top 30000 on the waiting list, what do you reckon are my chances of getting one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm at 9022 in the list and think my chances are pretty slim for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 5 conorjharkin

You'll get one but probably not in the first wave. The invite system is a bit of a disaster for consumers. It helps the company create hype and awareness (encouraging people to flood social media, post videos etc.) without spending huge amounts on advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Im 46,225 :-(...be October maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

I would like in folks, I shared invites for the Oneplus One last year and will happily do so again.

maximoose wrote: »
    I'm at 9022 in the list and think my chances are pretty slim for a while

jeez thats a great number!

Im 46,225 :-(...be October maybe?

Or later if people didnt post on the oneplus forum.
    what the CEO said was the reserve list was just that, a reserve list so they won't be looking there till the forum posters (who were posting there last year) have all got an invite.

Could be a long wait for those just jumping in now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I've drifted from 3,000 down to 11,000 over the last week.

It sound like that invite list will not get used until after the first month anyway.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/the-first-oneplus-2-invites.325749/
    For the first month, invites will follow two principles:
    1. Our early and most fervent supporters will be prioritized, those of you who have helped us spread the word and grow OnePlus from an unknown company to where we are today. Specifically, I’m talking about phone smashers, early forum members, early purchasers and the most active OnePlus One invite evangelists. We want to show you our gratitude by offering you some of the first invites to purchase the OnePlus 2.
    2. An option for everyone. Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about everyone else -- all our fans are important to us. There will be a variety of ways to get invites, you’ll have to work for it in contests and/or other promotions-- but you will receive the invites quickly. Stay tuned on the forums and social media or subscribe to our newsletter for more information about events.

For those who just want to receive an invite when we have stock, we’ve also created the new reservation list. This list will move on a first come first serve basis. Every day, we will evaluate our production and inventory situation to send out as many of these invites as possible. No hassles. Just put down your email address and wait for the invite to come. Everyone on the list will eventually receive an invite.

• Advertisement

FYI Oppomart is selling them at the moment... more expensive but available now... and the good news is the chinese varient will work with all 4g networks in Ireland this time:

http://www.willmyphonework.net/

fionny wrote: »
    FYI Oppomart is selling them at the moment... more expensive but available now... and the good news is the chinese varient will work with all 4g networks in Ireland this time:

You will get hit with import on that too.

god's toy wrote: »
    You will get hit with import on that too.

Nope they offer EU shipping

Nope they offer EU shipping

Oh I stand corrected. Will be looking . no warranty from Oneplus tho

Oh I stand corrected. Will be looking . no warranty from Oneplus tho

True but then their support was nothing short of pants.... Oppomart offer a 1year warranty and they have been around for a long time at this stage.

EDIT: also worth noting Oppomart have all the swapstyle covers on offer too.

True but then their support was nothing short of pants.... Oppomart offer a 1year warranty and they have been around for a long time at this stage.

EDIT: also worth noting Oppomart have all the swapstyle covers on offer too.

Will be looking into it.

Will be looking into it.

I see that the oppomart OnePlus 2 has 3 of the 6 bands that are in the international version. Does this affect us? What bands do we use in ireland out of the 6?
    I don't mind if it doesent work outside Ireland.

Yes I did quote myself but its a question to all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

I see that the oppomart OnePlus 2 has 3 of the 6 bands that are in the international version. Does this affect us? What bands do we use in ireland out of the 6?
    I don't mind if it doesent work outside Ireland.

Yes I did quote myself but its a question to all....

What network are you on?

davo2001 wrote: »
    What network are you on?

Three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

So no one got an invite today? I'm about 70k on the list and I assume it would only take a few short weeks to get down to that number. I'd love to see some people saying they their invite and what number on the list they were. The official forums are confusing as hell to see if there is progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Three

I have the OPO already and works fine on LTE so i'd imagine the OPT would be the same.

davo2001 wrote: »
    I have the OPO already and works fine on LTE so i'd imagine the OPT would be the same.

Hmm Just making sure we know what I'm saying...

Yes I have a opo too but I'm talking about the Chinese variant on oppomart, they have the Oneplus 2 ( again, its the Chinese variant that has only 3 of the 6 bands of the international variant). My question is: Does anyone know if those 3 bands are fine over here? What bands do three use. What about normal GSM stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭fabsoul

Hmm Just making sure we know what I'm saying...

Yes I have a opo too but I'm talking about the Chinese variant on oppomart, they have the Oneplus 2 ( again, its the Chinese variant that has only 3 of the 6 bands of the international variant). My question is: Does anyone know if those 3 bands are fine over here? What bands do three use. What about normal GSM stuff?

yes it will work here on Three

fabsoul wrote: »
    yes it will work here on Three

Thanks for your responce, there is a difference between the Chinese variant 4G bands has only band 3 1800 displayed and the European variant of 4G has band 20 800 and band 3 1800 hence my question about the 3 network in Ireland which version of 4G do they use.

Do three only band 3 band on 4G?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm 5800 and I haven't anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

How long are people thinking it will take to get an invite through the normal invite method? I'm around 400k on the list (can't find the original email right now and logging in tells me nothing).

I'm waiting to see reviews but €399 for 64gig and 4gig ram looks pretty good.

Folks dont forget, the invite system is only going to be used when there are spare invites to be given out. So if someone does not claim their invite it will be passed onto the first person in the waiting list. Thats alot of ifs and buts. Its going to take quite some time for them to start filtering down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

padair wrote: »
    Folks dont forget, the invite system is only going to be used when there are spare invites to be given out. So if someone does not claim their invite it will be passed onto the first person in the waiting list. Thats alot of ifs and buts. Its going to take quite some time for them to start filtering down.

Dam i didnt realise that! I thought it was invite only so i would be the 400k person to get one. There is something about when someone gets an invite they get to give one away aswell? I presume the extra ones go in ahead of a regular invite like mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well the bad news for me is I don't have a lot of time to pick it up so if I don't have an invite by early September I'll probably have to leave it.

But that's good news for ye since I'm pretty high in the queue! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The first batch of invites that have gone out cant be shared.Apparently they are tied to your account/email address and are non shareable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement