Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 2 Invite thread *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

I've gone and chanced the Oppomart one with a rosewood back. The 3 variants have little effect on us in Europe, the Chinese version will work on all existing 4g networks in Ireland so no downside...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

How much did it work out for you in € total?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

fionny wrote: »
    I've gone and chanced the Oppomart one with a rosewood back. The 3 variants have little effect on us in Europe, the Chinese version will work on all existing 4g networks in Ireland so no downside...

After looking into it, If your on three mobile you may have a reduced LTE coverage as they use 800mhz for some of their rural coverage. But if your happy with the One's LTE reception then you'll be happy with it as its no different.

After seeing my nexus 5 pulling LTE in places that the opo cant, I think I'll hang on for the invite myself.

maximoose wrote: »
    How much did it work out for you in € total?

466euro inc postage and a Rosewood Swapstyle cover...

I wouldnt use Three if you paid me to use, too many bad experiences with that network.

And did I read it's posted from within EU?

Think I'll go that route next month if I have the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

Just noticed i've dropped down the invite list. I checked it last night i was originally 460k on the list and now i've 498k. The invites people are giving out when they purchase the phone obviously do jump ahead of the queue

You'll continuously move down the list as the people below you do referrals to move above you.

Dammit!!

jones wrote: »
    Just noticed i've dropped down the invite list. I checked it last night i was originally 460k on the list and now i've 498k. The invites people are giving out when they purchase the phone obviously do jump ahead of the queue

If you refer people to the list you jump up... you can swizz it if you want with Mailinator addresses.

And did I read it's posted from within EU?

Think I'll go that route next month if I have the money

Yes option says posted from EU no VAT or Tax.

• Advertisement

FYI for anyone buying from China and wanting Dual SIM use.

'The Chinese version only has one IMEI meaning you will not have dual-SIM capability outside of China. If you like having dual SIMs, do not buy the Chinese version'

From a mod on the oneplus site.

god's toy wrote: »
    FYI for anyone buying from China and wanting Dual SIM use.

'The Chinese version only has one IMEI meaning you will not have dual-SIM capability outside of China. If you like having dual SIMs, do not buy the Chinese version'

From a mod on the oneplus site.

I call bull on that, In fact I'll bet every dual sim phone has only one Imei and that would only be a problem if you tried to join the same network twice.

Oppomart say its dual sim capable... It either is or isn't... another thing... Dual Sim is primarily for the Asian market where there is a HUGE demand for such things so it would amaze me if they gimped it in the very region that demands it.

A forums mod is not a reliable source.

I call bull on that, In fact I'll bet every dual sim phone has only one Imei and that would only be a problem if you tried to join the same network twice.

Oppomart say its dual sim capable... It either is or isn't... another thing... Dual Sim is primarily for the Asian market where there is a HUGE demand for such things so it would amaze me if they gimped it in the very region that demands it.

A forums mod is not a reliable source.

Could be. It was admin if that adds anything.
    Maybe they don't like the reselling?

Anyhoo the link is here:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-2-regional-versions-explained.338780/

Maybe so (one thing is sure... they REALLY dont like reselling)... im not pushed on Dual Sim eitherway, 1 is enough for me but when I get it I will throw another sim card in and let ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 handsomedans

72,171. Was at 350,000 2 days ago. Seems quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭FaganJr

72,171. Was at 350,000 2 days ago. Seems quick.

How are you getting up the list, I started on 30,000 , I'm now at 101,000

Sucks!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 handsomedans

FaganJr wrote: »

I've shared it many times on Twitter and Facebook. Not sure if that helps.

Agreed i dont think i fully get how these invites work

Folks remember this is not an invite list its a reservation for unused invite list...

• Advertisement

Folks remember this is not an invite list its a reservation for unused invite list...

SO wheres the invite list?

Shared invites by people who bought the phone through competition or early supporters etc... At OnePlus's discretion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

eh first page

daytob wrote: »
    eh first page

Eh no, the first page only links the the reservation list, not the invites list

Ya dig?

There is no public invitation list.

There is no public invitation list.

thank you, Its all very weird!

• Advertisement

thank you, Its all very weird!

Its better then last year (so far).

Its better then last year (so far).

When I joined the reservation list I was 30k in the list, today I'm 101k on the list.

I bought the OPO last year and a ball of accessories through out the year.

And I'm going backwards on the list

So for me I'm finding it a very negative experience so far :(:(:(

When I joined the reservation list I was 30k in the list, today I'm 101k on the list.

I bought the OPO last year and a ball of accessories through out the year.

And I'm going backwards on the list

So for me I'm finding it a very negative experience so far :(:(:(

Well like I said the reservation list is a reservation list for unused invites... the actual invites will go out to early supporters... people who bought the OPO (like you) and contest winners... then their friends etc... so you might get an invite long before you get to the front of their spam encouraging reservation list.

Or just buy the chinese version like me... even if dual sim doesnt work I dont care I have never needed two sims before and still dont now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Nobody knows where they stand? It seems to be a tiny trickle of invites getting out. I bought 3 64 gig phones last year and a couple of accessories plus was relatively early subscribed on the forums. Nobody knows what the criteria is. Couldn't care if I get a new moto x or the 2. Whoever sells it without hassle wins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Its getting a bit annoying, i can put up with their marketing strategy, great from their point of view as it costs next to nothing in comparison to their competitors, but the fact no one really has any of idea what their position on the reservation list actually means or even a rough idea of how long we will have to wait. Seen a post on their site of some issues with the charging cables as well. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking things will start to pick up around the 15th onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Could ya stick me down too please.

Had a nice bump up the list yesterday, went form 300,000 to 78,000. Is everyone else moving in the right direction at last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

smithy1981 wrote: »

Had a nice bump up the list yesterday, went form 300,000 to 78,000. Is everyone else moving in the right direction at last?

7000 in the list. Time will tell

I'm 10000 in the list, have been moving down about 6/700 places each day this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

smithy1981 wrote: »

I've gone from ~187k to 241k, going the wrong way!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anto318

Currently 3,384,422 on the list :(

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

I've gone from ~187k to 241k, going the wrong way!

I got my gf to sign up from my referral link, thats prob why i got a big bump up the queue, still a long way off tho :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

What to make out of this?
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-OnePlus-Two-2-4GB-RAM-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-810-Octa-Core-64GB-ROM/311331_32425065843.html?promotionId=263892008

Are those Chinese version ones cause it makes me suspicious when they have to install the google play store.

Harika wrote: »
    What to make out of this?
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-OnePlus-Two-2-4GB-RAM-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-810-Octa-Core-64GB-ROM/311331_32425065843.html?promotionId=263892008

Are those Chinese version ones cause it makes me suspicious when they have to install the google play store.

If from Aliexpress then yes chinese... does that matter? Nope... Ive one on order from oppomart... only thing that might not work in Ireland is dual sim... (so OnePlus claim) but ill believe when I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Hoping mine arrives before i leave for holidays on friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

28k on the list, was 30k previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭xperiaguy

Just to help with the first post, no need for Parcel Motel. Just ordered mine and no issues delivering to Ireland ðŸ‘😀

xperiaguy wrote: »
    Just to help with the first post, no need for Parcel Motel. Just ordered mine and no issues delivering to Ireland ðŸ‘😀

Was yours a invite from Oneplus?

You could be the first person here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭xperiaguy

god's toy wrote: »
    Was yours a invite from Oneplus?

You could be the first person here!

It was indeed! I hope to have it in 2 weeks, tops. Paid for Express Delivery (only an extra fiver).

Now I just have to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 madmannohj

Hi Lads,

I'm looking for a OnePlus 2 myself and currently I'm 8,705 in the reservation list.. Can ye add me to the Boards.ie list because I want a OP2 as soon as possible and I'm not too far near the top so will have invites to post back relatively soon!

I do hate this invite system though, and was looking at the OP2 on oppomart the Chinese online store.. is it dodgy to buy there or should I just wait it out ??

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

It was indeed! I hope to have it in 2 weeks, tops. Paid for Express Delivery (only an extra fiver).

Now I just have to wait!

Great stuff. Were you on the reservation/waiting list? If so what number were you?

So anyone think this phone gets hot? Watch this vid for the good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 madmannohj

Video wont play?

Now I just have to wait!

Happy to hear it! Best of luck with it :)

Lets hope a few more of us get that little invite of goodness! :D

• Advertisement

madmannohj wrote: »
    Video wont play?

Should be fixed now :)

Advertisement