Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

OnePlus 2 Invite thread *READ FIRST POST*

• Registered Users Posts: 12 madmannohj

Yeah I hope those invites get rolling out soon, it's the waiting that's killing me.. and wait even longer once you order it..

just take my money already!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just ordered a glass screen protector and cover ... just need a phone to go with them now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lon

For those waiting for Oppomart delivery, i got mine today.
    Works fine for me on emobile 4g and when i search networks is showing 3 4g and the others 2g and 3g but not 4g.
    Took a screenshot but not able to post it .

Came with an american plug with an adapter to a two pin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Lon wrote: »
    For those waiting for Oppomart delivery, i got mine today.
    Works fine for me on emobile 4g and when i search networks is showing 3 4g and the others 2g and 3g but not 4g.
    Took a screenshot but not able to post it .

Came with an american plug with an adapter to a two pin.

How long did delivery take, mine still says 'information received' on DHL since yesterday.
    Assume usb charging cable can be separated from plug?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fungie

I would like an invite!! Cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lon

How long did delivery take, mine still says 'information received' on DHL since yesterday.
    Assume usb charging cable can be separated from plug?

Ordered last Sat with express delivery.
    Got a notification it was being shipped on Weds and delivered yesterday.
    Seem to have been lucky with the timing of it as only got to Dublin at 5.00 on Friday.

Yes, it is the standard oneplus cable so can buy normal plug from oneplus site.

Lon wrote: »
    Ordered last Sat with express delivery.
    Got a notification it was being shipped on Weds and delivered yesterday.
    Seem to have been lucky with the timing of it as only got to Dublin at 5.00 on Friday.

Yes, it is the standard oneplus cable so can buy normal plug from oneplus site.

Cool cheers for the response. Going away on saturday so hoping it arrives before friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

god's toy wrote: »
    Should be fixed now :)

No point just testing the temperature, they should also run benchmarks too see how much CPU throttling is applied to keep it cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Take me off the list please. Something's come up and I won't have the cash for a long time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

ill throw you down the bottom of it, if it gets closer to the time and you still dont have the funds then I am sure you can get one when you are more flush.
    sorry :(

fixxxer wrote: »
    Take me off the list please. Something's come up and I won't have the cash for a long time now.

Let's hope your back on that list soon dude.
    Unless your going all Moto on us? Ha-ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

How long do you actually have to buy it once you get an invite (off the reservation list or normal)? Still not decided whether or not I'll actually splash out on one instead of a basic enough smartphone as I'll be completely broke if I do, but if I decide not to I'll let ye know well in time to take me off the list! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

oseia wrote: »
    How long do you actually have to buy it once you get an invite (off the reservation list or normal)? Still not decided whether or not I'll actually splash out on one instead of a basic enough smartphone as I'll be completely broke if I do, but if I decide not to I'll let ye know well in time to take me off the list! :o

24 hours you have time to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

So this uses usb type c but not fast charging? Can you use a standard micro charger or do you have to use the type c cable supplied?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I charge at night like most people I imagine, and have a charger in the car if I'm caught with a low battery on the go but that's still a bit of a disappointment. Apparently a full charge is 3+ hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Can put me on the list too please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

madmannohj wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

I'm looking for a OnePlus 2 myself and currently I'm 8,705 in the reservation list.. Can ye add me to the Boards.ie list because I want a OP2 as soon as possible and I'm not too far near the top so will have invites to post back relatively soon!

I do hate this invite system though, and was looking at the OP2 on oppomart the Chinese online store.. is it dodgy to buy there or should I just wait it out ??

They are not dodgey anyway been around for some time... I have one on order from them which was shipped today from france it seems.

Only thing which seems like it might not work with is Dual Sim but ill believe that when I see it.

Thanks lads for posting back about oppomart, think I'll wait it out for an official invite. I would like the phone now and I'm sick of waiting.. but if I did buy from Oppomart or one of those places and not every single worked (even things I don't use) I would be kicking myself!!

But seriously, whats the story with the invites.. Did anybody else receive one yet ? I'm only 8,000 on the list - like what tiny amount of phones did they end up producing ?? >:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Thanks lads for posting back about oppomart, think I'll wait it out for an official invite. I would like the phone now and I'm sick of waiting.. but if I did buy from Oppomart or one of those places and not every single worked (even things I don't use) I would be kicking myself!!

But seriously, whats the story with the invites.. Did anybody else receive one yet ? I'm only 8,000 on the list - like what tiny amount of phones did they end up producing ?? >:(

You are not 8000 on the invite list, you are 8000 on the unused invite list...

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    You are not 8000 on the invite list, you are 8000 on the unused invite list...

Feck sake, I'll be lucky to get one by next year in that case!

Yrep this was most of us this time last year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

how do I check where I am on the OP2 list?

fionny wrote: »
    They are not dodgey anyway been around for some time... I have one on order from them which was shipped today from france it seems.

Only thing which seems like it might not work with is Dual Sim but ill believe that when I see it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/3h00sj/just_arrived_oneplus_2_from_oppomart/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Can I go on the list as well please? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Could I get an invite I'm looking to upgrade and want something good.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

I would appreciate one please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭xperiaguy

Great stuff. Were you on the reservation/waiting list? If so what number were you?

Sorry for the delay. I actually got the invite direct from OnePlus so wasn't on a reservation list.

Ordered Friday night but still pending shipment.. Grrr... 😠😠😠

xperiaguy wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay. I actually got the invite direct from OnePlus so wasn't on a reservation list.

Ordered Friday night but still pending shipment.. Grrr... 😠😠😠

Another question if I may, Where you active on the oneplus forum at all?

I see they said they will reward member who were there from the start but it could be just a way to keep peeps posting.

Eglobal are now selling the OP2 for anyone who doesnt want to wait for an invite.I have used the site before,they are legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

They don't seem to have stock or a price at the moment

Edit: Apologies, I was looking at the UK website, .eu one says €449.99 but are out of stock

yabadabado wrote: »
    Eglobal are now selling the OP2 for anyone who doesnt want to wait for an invite.I have used the site before,they are legit.

Euro model?

Zagato wrote: »
    They don't seem to have stock or a price at the moment

Edit: Apologies, I was looking at the UK website, .eu one says €449.99 but are out of stock

They had stock when I looked this morning.That didnt last long but you can set up stock notification for the site afaik.

I never checked if it was EU model I presumed it was.

yabadabado wrote: »

I never checked if it was EU model I presumed it was.

Looking at what they have listed its the same Chinese version the others have.

Still i'm gonna wait as my nexus 5 is doing LTE so much better than the opo did.

But if your not on the three network then everyone can buy!

god's toy wrote: »
    Looking at what they have listed its the same Chinese version the others have.

Still i'm gonna wait as my nexus 5 is doing LTE so much better than the opo did.

But if your not on the three network then everyone can buy!

Three are compatible with the bands?

If your with 3 Mobile and you had the Oneplus one and were happy with the coverage of LTE then the Chinese version of the Two will be the very same.
    (As for me, where I live I cannot get LTE on the One but can on the Nexus 5 as it has more bands available, so I will wait for the international version of the Two as that will have all network LTE bands the Nexus has)

For every other network operators in Ireland the Chinese version of Oneplus Two should work just fine. ( I say 'should' as we don't have proof of that as we don't have the devices in the country yet)

As they start to trickle into the country we will have a better understanding of pros and cons of both versions of the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

How do you check where you are on the reservation list?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

elvisn wrote: »
    How do you check where you are on the reservation list?

Enter your email into the reservation list again and it will show you

Can you take me off the list. have an OP2 now. :)

Can confirm theres two spaces for sims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

You lucky duck :)

Is it the chinese one? have you tried having 2 sims in?

Could you be so kind as to tell us if LTE is working and what network you are on?
    Oh and as posted the two sims both working at the same time.

Oh and enjoy the phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Back in Stock at Eglobal with higher price of 465.99e.

Still waiting for new sim to connect to three tbh. I dont actually have a second sim to try out but there is a space and settings to allow second sim action, id say it works.

Im a bit lost until i get connection, still feels. In work with deadlines to do today but keep having a mess with it. Camera is way way way better, which is the reason i got it.

the fingerprint id thing is recessed so i keep not touching it where id normally just tap it quickly on OPO. have an urge to press it but it doesnt... press.

dan786 wrote: »
    Back in Stock at Eglobal with higher price of 465.99e.

Oppomart so... I got mine for that price with a back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Any idea where eglobal ship from?

ok so yeah, connects with three. network name is a little weird as its full name 'hutchinson ireland etc etc'.
    did a speedtest from in town, got 60 meg down and 10 up.

been updating everything. Tried Aviate launcher and it seemed to break everything, camera wouldnt work so gone back to stock launcher.
    Seems fine, theres some slightly dodgy apps there, one i cant get rid of 'DCshare' which is kind of annoying me but ive disabled it.

It gets warm but only because im running the hell out of it, loading apps, email history mainly. Cools down when general usage.

Not sure what else. When you switch from photo to video mode it automatically zooms a bit which is weird.

Found an alert setting for Tsunami alert tests, was going to select it and decided against.

Feels a bit rushed, couldve been much more. Not sure if i prefer over OPO early days yet. Look forward to some updates and need to get a spare C type cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

funkyouup wrote: »
    Any idea where eglobal ship from?

Mostly from UK warehouse. Delivery times are good too. I have not heard of anyone being caught with customs. There is a big thread about them on here.

dan786 wrote: »
    Mostly from UK warehouse. Delivery times are good too. I have not heard of anyone being caught with customs. There is a big thread about them on here.

But they are more expensive... so why oh why would you use them? (and you wouldnt get got for customs if they ship from the UK, Oppomart ship from France if you select the EU delivery option)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

But they are more expensive... so why oh why would you use them? (and you wouldnt get got for customs if they ship from the UK, Oppomart ship from France if you select the EU delivery option)

I've never shopped with Oppomart before. How reliable are they?

They have been in business for years now, Never heard anything bad. My order was shipped within 2 days and is enroute as we speak from France should be delivered this week... They are quick to respond to emails also if you have any queries.