Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extended probation notice advice!!!

Options
  • 28-07-2015 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My review is coming up, my probation was extended by 3 months ago..know the outcome and won't be kept on! If they give me a months notice which they are not obliged to, I just have a feeling they might or extend again do I have to stay? On my contract it says one week during probation, the thought of doing longer makes me feel sick, I am drained from worrying and anxious it is consuming my life, I don't want to leave on bad terms just want to leave asap. Does anybody know my rights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If your contract says you only need to give a month's notice during probation, which has been extended, then I don't know why you'd have to stay longer.

It sounds like both parties know it's not a good match, and they have little to gain by keeping someone in your situation for longer than necessary. They might even agree to mutually waive the notice period, so you could finish up immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 clip82

Eoin wrote: »
    If your contract says you only need to give a month's notice during probation, which has been extended, then I don't know why you'd have to stay longer.

It sounds like both parties know it's not a good match, and they have little to gain by keeping someone in your situation for longer than necessary. They might even agree to mutually waive the notice period, so you could finish up immediately.[/quote

I hope so, i want to leave on a good note, and not come across negative by wanting to leave straight away..there will be a staff shortage due to holidays and I feel that they will want me to stay longer to help!! My contract states either party is to give one weeks notice whilst on probation.. I just have to wait and see, thank you for your reply.

Advertisement