Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Free Shed in Dublin 8

• 28-07-2015 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭

Folks,

I've been living in a rented house in Dublin 8 for the last few years and built a fairly solid shed in the back yard to keep my motorbike in and for storage. We need to move out next week and the landlord asked us to move the shed too as he wants to bring a car into the yard instead. I'm going to be taking it down next week and will have to chuck it in the dump but if anyone wants to take it away they are more than welcome.

The measurements are 9ft 5 x 4ft 11 and it's 8ft tall. It was made from odds and ends of materials but it's completely waterproof and hasn't let in a drop in nearly 4 years. No condensation in winter or summer. We made the base from treated pallets, the frame from 2'x2'. It has WBP Plywood on the 2 visible walls and the other two are made from galvanised corrugated iron. The roof is made from corrugated iron and has a full layer of roofing felt underneath it and a layer of heavy plastic. The heavy plastic is also around all the walls. I put down a chipboard floor on top of the pallets to make a smoother surface and have shelving units and hooks etc on the walls.
    There are two doors, a small door to the side and the entire end wall opens up to allow you drive in a bike. I have a ramp that slides in underneath if you are not taking the bike in and out every day.

I ended up using mine for the pushbikes and for general storage and just had the motorbike covered in the yard. I have had the motorbike (Triumph Daytona 955i) in the shed for a while and if I was doing work I would drive it in without difficulty. The big door has two internal bolts on the inside as well.

If anyone is interested give me a PM.

Mob
    [IMG][/img]IMG_9786_zpsy1pbjro7.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_9785_zpsggqjd8wy.jpg

Advertisement