Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Early stages of a relationship

• 28-07-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I met this woman about 6 months ago and we've been going on dates since March. We've seen each other every week since but it's usually only a date a week, sometimes two. When we're on a date we always seem to have a great time and always end up chatting for hours into the wee hours. She brought me to a family wedding about a month ago as well.

We're both quite busy during the week but is it strange that it's only once a week?

I'm considering asking her to make it more serious/exclusive. We've never chatted about it before and I'm thinking (she probably does) that she has other fellas on the go.

Also, should I ask her for dinner to see the parents? Or this might be a good idea to see if she'd want something more serious or not?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm not great at all this! :\

Comments

How old are both of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 qwert123

I'm 29, she's 25.

Why do you have to have a talk about whether you're in a serious relationship? I mean.. surely if you've been together for X amount of time, then it's assumed that you are? I mean, if you want to make sure, then there's absolutely no harm in asking her - the fact that you both attended a wedding together like that means that the interest is there. As for dinner with parents, why not ask her? :) Some might see it as too soon, some might not. But everyone is different. And it doesn't hurt to just ask!

Thanks so much :) My point I suppose is that we've only really been going on a date once a week for the most part, ranging from meeting for dinner in the evening to full days. We've never really had any serious conversations about relationships. I like this girl a lot and I'm just thinking that I'd like it to be exclusive but I'm just worried that if I did and she didn't want to/was seeing anyone else, she'd end up feeling awkward and that would be it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

I wouldn't invite someone to a family wedding unless they were pretty special!
    Seeing each other once a week isn't strange at all, so long as it's just down to circumstance and not a lack of wanting to spend time together.

I would definitely bring it up that you'd like to be exclusive with her, if you've been seeing her once a week since March I would be very surprised if she didn't feel the same!

Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I've been seeing someone for a couple of months now and we're averaging 3 times a week. Would hate to see less of them.

End of March really. I suppose I just need the cojones to ask her, hopefully she's not too interested in anyone else and will take pity on me lol!

But that's my point Athtrasna - I'd think that it would be more regular before asking her to be exclusive, but we are both busy in the evenings during the week. I'm crap at this kind of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

We have a habit/rule of setting the next date before the previous one ends. Doesn't have to be a big production, can just be hanging out to watch a DVD or sport or something. It's nice to have something to look forward to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Just ask her!

Tell her you want to be exclusive and see more of each other and what does she think about that?

Advertisement