Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Maynooth to cavan

Options
  • 28-07-2015 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

A close friend of mine has been looking to become mortgage free for personal reasons. She looked around Wexford and waterford but is now considering Cavan as she feels it is easier for her to come back to Kildare and dublin when it suits her. She will be living alone but ideally would like a detached house.

Can anyone let me know how accurate the asking prices are on daft, seems to be plenty under her budget of 130k. She would like to be walking distance of shops etc. what towns would you recommend and what have your experiences of moving down been. Tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hiujn

She would be better off in carrickmacross tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,209 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Depends entirely on area. In Cavan town 3 bed semi detached house prices from 65 to 120 . Best to take a spin down and spend a day looking around. Chat auctioneer's, and perhaps take a taxi around all the local developments, chatting the driver about where is less desire able . Prices are less than quoted in those Sunday Paper price leagues. If your friend drives, there is great value out of town . 3 bed bungalow in good condition and 8 acres sold beside me for 98k.

Don't think there is much of a direct service from Cavan town to Kildare, but there is an hourly service each way to Busaraus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

hiujn wrote: »
    She would be better off in carrickmacross tbh

Thanks I'll get her to have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Depends entirely on area. In Cavan town 3 bed semi detached house prices from 65 to 120 . Best to take a spin down and spend a day looking around. Chat auctioneer's, and perhaps take a taxi around all the local developments, chatting the driver about where is less desire able . Prices are less than quoted in those Sunday Paper price leagues. If your friend drives, there is great value out of town . 3 bed bungalow in good condition and 8 acres sold beside me for 98k.

Don't think there is much of a direct service from Cavan town to Kildare, but there is an hourly service each way to Busaraus.

Thanks for all the information, I'll pass it on to her. Very useful tips.

Advertisement