Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some leaving bins outside our house

Options
  • 28-07-2015 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

hey guys not sure is this the right place,

But am renting a house in dublin city center and someone keeps leaving there bin bags at the side of the house beside where we put our bins (Our bin bags are the dublin city shop ones),theirs are just plain black bin bags so bin collectors do not collect them. It ends up with the birds picking at the and rubbish everywhere....

As its our house on the corner its starting to cause issues with smells and just pisses me off in general. What do I do?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Paint the bins (so they are identifyable) and see if they take them back to their own house? How long are they there for? Are they ever emptied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

MurDawg wrote: »
    hey guys not sure is this the right place,

But am renting a house in dublin city center and someone keeps leaving there bin bags at the side of the house beside where we put our bins (Our bin bags are the dublin city shop ones),theirs are just plain black bin bags so bin collectors do not collect them. It ends up with the birds picking at the and rubbish everywhere....

As its our house on the corner its starting to cause issues with smells and just pisses me off in general. What do I do?

You don't live in stoney batter do you?

I did and had the exact same problem word for word

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Call the litter warden. They will open the bag, find an envelope or similar and fine the guys

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

You don't live in stoney batter do you?

I did and had the exact same problem word for word

In the coombe area i'm afraid, it's god damn annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Ring Dublin city council, report dumped bags, they'll pick it up and sift through it for identification. There's a reporting facility on their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Personal Issue, moving to the Accommodation & Property forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

ted1 wrote: »
    Call the litter warden. They will open the bag, find an envelope or similar and fine the guys

Thanks for this, for those looking at this with same issue i reported problem here:

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-your-council/isupport

Thanks again guys! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

dudara wrote: »
    Not a Personal Issue, moving to the Accommodation & Property forum

dudara

Think it's Dublin City specific, hence move ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bookies Twist

Do ring your local authority and report this illegal dumping. The litter warden will hopefully find some evidence to find the perpretators. Mind you my sister and brother in law were in the process of moving house. They lived in a small development in Carraigaline. anyhow they hired a skip to clear out any old junk which they no longer needed before the move. The skip was delivered on a dark winters evening around 5pm. Lorry driver couldn't park it in their small driveway so he had to leave it on the pavement at their homes entrance. Next morning they found it had been filled to the brim with everything from old mattresses, cooker, fridge carpets,black plastic rubbish bags etc. Never had a chance to use it themselves!!! There surely are some cheeky people around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Its a common thing if you live end of terrace. People don't want to flytip directly beside someones door - the blank wall at the end of street gets the rubbish. If it means anything, binmen expect it and it is probably a number of people dumping against the gable wall rather than just one litterbug.

Most people who dump on the cute these days are wide to the fact that rubbish may be checked - therefore no identifiable mail etc. - a notable upsurge in the sale of shredders since bin charges were introduced may indicate something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

You mean someone is dumping beside your house?

Of course the bin companies won't pick it up, why would they.

Call the litter warden. 01 222 2222.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Illegal dumping is rife all around D7, D8, D3 and parts of D1. Around the Summerhill area in particular the council is literally going out every day to collect rubbish - drive through there and you'll see dumped couches, mattresses, fridges and everything.

You can take a photo and send it to http://dublinlitterblog.com/ who will then publish the photo and report it to the council for cleanup.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

MurDawg wrote: »
    In the coombe area i'm afraid, it's god damn annoying

Yeah, Dublin 8 is awful for that. Used to live off Clanbrassil Street and it was rife for what is, essentially, fly tipping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

Had the same problem on my road in D7. A new family moved in to one of the houses and immediately rubbish bags were being left along the road. Always done at night but after a while they were caught by people coming home late. Throwing it back into their front garden worked a treat. Otherwise I find the 'fix my area' app quite useful.

Advertisement