Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 sound problem

Options
  • 28-07-2015 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I have a dell Inspiron with Windows 7. Anytime music or sound is playing it stutters every so often like its getting stuck or something. It happens in Firefox or any browser and also happens if I play something in iTunes.

Forgot to say it's fine on the Windows 10 preview.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Could be a driver issue, are you using the most up to date sound drivers in W7?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yes I had the latest one from the dell website, unintalled that and let Windows find the best one and it's still the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Have you tried uninstalling the drivers, then install older drivers and see if it plays okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Aimead

If this was Linux I’d be recommending nuking PulseAudio….

When the stuttering happens what is the CPU usage like? Is there any audio program that you use that doesn’t suffer this problem (eg: Winamp or an alternative to iTunes)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

It doesn't happen with Windows 10 and I'm planning on upgrading to that today

• Advertisement
Advertisement