Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line removed years ago, now wanted back but facing troubles

Options
  • 28-07-2015 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Hi, asking for a friend who is fed up with the situation. She lives in rural area and cancelled landline about 8 years ago. The line was going through the poles but after cancellation the house owner was told, it was reverted to someone else. She wanted line back but at least 6 or 7 engineers and field workers came and only scratched head telling different stories.
    I wonder is it possible to get things moving and get line to the house to have broadband ?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

rai555 wrote: »
    Hi, asking for a friend who is fed up with the situation. She lives in rural area and cancelled landline about 8 years ago. The line was going through the poles but after cancellation the house owner was told, it was reverted to someone else. She wanted line back but at least 6 or 7 engineers and field workers came and only scratched head telling different stories.
    I wonder is it possible to get things moving and get line to the house to have broadband ?

Many thanks
    Hi rai555

If you could please PM me the associated order number I will be happy to check for an update and provide clarification on this.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Many thanks
    Hi rai555

If you could please PM me the associated order number I will be happy to check for an update and provide clarification on this.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    thank you for reply, i will try to find out the order number, not sure does she has one. Cheers

Many thanks
    Hi rai555

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    thank you for reply, i will try to find out the order number, not sure does she has one. Cheers
    No problem rai555

Cheers
    Al

Many thanks
    Hi rai555

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    No problem rai555

Cheers
    Al

I wonder will there be any help if i will get the old landline phone number ?  Cheers

Many thanks
    Hi rai555

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    No problem rai555

Cheers
    Al

I wonder will there be any help if i will get the old landline phone number ?  Cheers
    Hi rai555

To investigate the reasons for the difficulties there would need to be an order in place to install the telephone line, can you confirm if your friend actually has an order placed?

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Many thanks
    Hi rai555

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    No problem rai555

Cheers
    Al

Hi rai555

To investigate the reasons for the difficulties there would need to be an order in place to install the telephone line, can you confirm if your friend actually has an order placed?

Thanks
    Al
    Oh yes there was an order and there were multiple guys coming, telling different stories and scratching heads at most. I believe the line was removed and reverted to someone else property at that time. 

Many thanks
    Hi rai555

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    No problem rai555

Cheers
    Al

Hi rai555

Thanks
    Al
    Oh yes there was an order and there were multiple guys coming, telling different stories and scratching heads at most. I believe the line was removed and reverted to someone else property at that time. 
    Hi rai555

Please PM me the active order number and I will look in to this further. I will be unable to offer clarification on anything other than an open order for eircom to install a line at your friends premises.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Apologizes if my previous post was removed and not just lost through something I stupidly did.

The jist of it was the Eircom as the incumbent operator have to install a new line even though they don't want to. 

I can't find the relevant documentation, the Universal Service Obligation I think its called but its mentioned in this press article here
    Under current law, Eircom is required to erect telephone equipment to homes and businesses in rural areas, even where that provision is uneconomic.

OP you'll need to get you neighbor to make a formal complaint to Eircom and then you'll need to forward that complaint to comreg for them to follow up.  I still wouldn't expect much because Eircom normally just stall and there isn't much comreg can/will do about it. 

Edit> A couple more links that indicate Eircoms responcibilities in this case, https://www.comreg.ie/consumer_initiatives/universal_service_obligation.590.html and http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/universal_service_obligation___what_it_means_for_your_phone_service.264.LE.asp .

Hi rai555

Once you locate your friends order number please do feel free send it in a private message to me.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement