Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venezuelan Girlfriends Visa Expires Dec 15

Options
  • 28-07-2015 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have been seeing a Venezuelan girl who wants to stay in Ireland but her current work visa expires in December. She has explored many avenues but it seems the only viable solution is for her to get married. Does anyone know of any alternative ideas as I've only been seeing her a few months and dont want to rush into marriage just yet, even if it is just a formality to allow her to stay in the country. Thankyou

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Hi

I have been seeing a Venezuelan girl who wants to stay in Ireland but her current work visa expires in December. She has explored many avenues but it seems the only viable solution is for her to get married. Does anyone know of any alternative ideas as I've only been seeing her a few months and dont want to rush into marriage just yet, even if it is just a formality to allow her to stay in the country. Thankyou

Regards

Do not marry this girl. Bring her to an immigration lawyer..it's much cheaper in the long run!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭FURET

Does anyone know of any alternative ideas as I've only been seeing her a few months and dont want to rush into marriage just yet, even if it is just a formality to allow her to stay in the country. Thankyou

Regards

Steady on there. Marriage is never just a formality. Take a step back, cool those jets, and do not get married to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I've think I've seen this episode of Shameless..

But seriously don't marry her just to get her a visa!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Haha I know only fools rush in. I would be doing it merely as a favour but yea prob best err on the side of caution. I always said I would never marry anyway regardless of context, archaic institution.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bisounours

What other avenues have you explored? What visa is she on currently?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Haha I know only fools rush in. I would be doing it merely as a favour but yea prob best err on the side of caution. I always said I would never marry anyway regardless of context, archaic institution.

A favour? You could rightly shaft yourself getting married in this circumstance, was it her that brought it up? Surely she could get back on her own merit with a valid reason? Did she know about all this before you met? I'd be weighing that it was, archaic institution or not, it's recognised and gives another person legal access to the other party, I am not certain it still gives them a legal right of access to reside here?

Advertisement