Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is it to remove metal plates from jaw?

Options
  • 29-07-2015 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I got the orthognathic surgery about 2 years ago in Japan because my jaw wasn't shaped nice. And after the surgery, I was told I don't have to remove the metal plates from my jaw.
    But I decided to remove it now because I got the feeling that I get skin troubles on my face a bit more often after the metal plates have been in my jaw.

So does anyone know much it would cost to remove this metal plates and what hospitals are good at surgeries like maxillofacial surgery in Dublin?

I got this surgery outside Ireland so I don't know which hospitals are good. So at the moment I'm thinking Sports Surgery Clininc in Santry, St.Vincent's and St.James's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'm thinking random posters on d'internets aren't the people to be asking about surgery, reversing surgery, or surgeon recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I got the orthognathic surgery about 2 years ago in Japan because my jaw wasn't shaped nice. And after the surgery, I was told I don't have to remove the metal plates from my jaw.
    But I decided to remove it now because I got the feeling that I get skin troubles on my face a bit more often after the metal plates have been in my jaw.

So does anyone know much it would cost to remove this metal plates and what hospitals are good at surgeries like maxillofacial surgery in Dublin?

I got this surgery outside Ireland so I don't know which hospitals are good. So at the moment I'm thinking Sports Surgery Clininc in Santry, St.Vincent's and St.James's.

Off the top of my head, no I don't, strangely enough. :pac:

But I imagine if you're thinking of going to the hospitals mentioned, then perhaps you should try and ask them yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 James Cronin

Thanks for the reply. I did send an email to those hospitals and they said the consulting fee is around 200 euro. And I'm okay to pay that amount if the surgery fee is like around 1000-2000 euro. But I don't want to get it if it is above that and I think if it is, the consulting fee is waste of money. Does any one of you know or can check by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

How is this thread still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Go to a doctor about the skin troubles and ask if it's anything to do with the plates rather than diagnosing yourself.

They will be able to either answer your questions or point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

About tree fiddy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Medical advice is not allowed on the forum, thread locked.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement