Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lexus Hybrids - any users out there...?

• 29-07-2015 1:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭

....just wondering if any one on here is/has run a Lexus Hybrid, e.g. CT200H for a start, but also others.

Just wondering about running costs/gen experience etc.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I have an RX400h, running costs are high-ish. €1200 tax (pre 08 will be €1809), fuel consumption isn't too bad, I average 8.1 - 9.0 l/100km (~30-35mpg) approximately. I could probably do a bit better if I tried but life's too short. I haven't had it serviced yet as only have it a few months but the costs aren't particularly high from what I have seen. I was quoted about €350 for a timing belt change in a Lexus dealer for example. Brake pads etc. are cheap on the likes of micksgarage. It is very comfortable, spacious, powerful - 270bhp, 0-100 km/h in 7.5sec etc. I expect it to be thoroughly reliable. It won't tow or go off road, not that it matters to me. Mine was given a new set of ditchfinder tyres before I bought it which are very poor in the wet, I will change to something decent before winter.

It is great value for money compared to a Touareg/X5/ML imo.

I had a look at the CT200h a couple of years ago, found it small and expensive for what it is. I bought a Prius over it at the time which is more or less the same car under the skin. The interior of the CT is nicer though.

I considered a GS450h this time around along with the RX, if it wasn't for the tiny boot (due to hybrid battery) I may well have bought one.

I plan on getting an LS600h or the newer GS450h as my next car (I'm a hybrid fanboy in case you haven't noticed). The NX300h has a really nice interior as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

galwaytt wrote: »
    ....just wondering if any one on here is/has run a Lexus Hybrid, e.g. CT200H for a start, but also others.

At that price point why not a full blood EV like the i3?

0-100 in half the time, handles better, cheaper tax, cheaper insurance than a base 1 series, better standard equipment, service once every TWO YEARS/50000km and of course ten times lower running costs. Not to mention it manages the magic trick of having a more roomy interior than a 3 series while trimming 40cm off the length of the CT200h.

Unless someone is an edge case, needs to tow a horse box, has a commute over 100km or does less than 10,000km a year mileage they'd be mad not to consider an EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

cros13 wrote: »
    At that price point why not a full blood EV like the i3?

0-100 in half the time, handles better, cheaper tax, cheaper insurance than a base 1 series, better standard equipment, service once every TWO YEARS/50000km and of course ten times lower running costs.

So the first service is not until 2 Years / 50,000 km ? They were trying to sell me a 5 year service package for €300 and now it suddenly seems like not such good value, especially as I'd be buying on PCP and trading in after 3 years, plus I assume without rex, there's not so much to service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

caster wrote: »
    So the first service is not until 2 Years / 50,000 km ? They were trying to sell me a 5 year service package for €300 and now it suddenly seems like not such good value, especially as I'd be buying on PCP and trading in after 3 years, plus I assume without rex, there's not so much to service?

Yup, my first service is January 2017. The €300 service pack is worth it once you add up everything they are doing for the first service and consider that if you are doing high mileage it covers up to three services (150,000km) (which we all do because the cars so much fun to drive, I know two i3 owners over 30,000km in their first 6 months, and I'm on track to be close with 17,000km in around four months).

The €1000 service pack isn't worth it as it only adds wiper blades and brake disks at 100,000km.

Prices are the same for the REx and BEV so us REx owners get a bit more value out of the service packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

cros13 wrote: »
    Yup, my first service is January 2017. The €300 service pack is worth it once you add up everything they are doing for the first service and consider that if you are doing high mileage it covers up to three services (150,000km) (which we all do because the cars so much fun to drive, I know two i3 owners over 30,000km in their first 6 months, and I'm on track to be close with 17,000km in around four months).

The €1000 service pack isn't worth it as it only adds wiper blades and brake disks at 100,000km.

Prices are the same for the REx and BEV so us REx owners get a bit more value out of the service packs.

Thanks, sounds like it does make sense so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'm happy with my IS300H OP ask away about it if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Stoner wrote: »
    I'm happy with my IS300H OP ask away about it if you want

What kind of fuel economy are you getting from the 300h? All the journalists reports seem to claim that you won't get anything near the advertised fuel economy, however I've always managed to get close to the combined figure out of whatever car i've had in the past, even my current thirsty veloster turbo!
    I tend to stick to the speed limits and my motorway cruise speed is 70mp/110kmh - anything faster and I find your just burning fuel needlessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

I have the auris which is more or less the same car as the ct200h. The OBC reports long term 5.9l/100km but fuelly says 6.4l/100km long term. Thats mostly urban driving though.

Extra urban (national routes) can see close to the claimed economy. Motorway is as bad as or worse than urban if you are making progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭Ihackedboardz

I'm running a Is300h, at the moment with the cold weather I'm getting between 44.8 - 47.6 mpg. I expect this to increase to early 50's come warmer weather.

Obviously sticking to speed limits but not exactly driving Miss Daisy either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

A mate of mine is selling his ct200h in Galway, of you want info on fuel economy etc, I can pm you a phone number

• Advertisement
Advertisement