Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit refund

Options
  • 29-07-2015 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Anyone know how long a DD refund takes to lodge into your bank? I got overcharged by Electric Ireland and ended up getting overdrawn. They processed the refund yesterday but said it could take some time, all while I'm getting charged by my bank for their mistake(I am fuming).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Umekichi wrote: »
    Anyone know how long a DD refund takes to lodge into your bank? I got overcharged by Electric Ireland and ended up getting overdrawn. They processed the refund yesterday but said it could take some time, all while I'm getting charged by my bank for their mistake(I am fuming).

Get onto your bank and ask them to recall the DD. Much quicker than Electric Ireland refunding you

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Get onto your bank and ask them to recall the DD. Much quicker than Electric Ireland refunding you

I'll do that so.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Umekichi wrote: »

Overcharged? Your post in their forum suggests that (for some strange reason) you paid the same bill twice:

By DD that you signed up to
    &
    You paid it online by card 4 days max before DD due to be taken. Far too late as any DD with any company would be sent for processing by then.

A silly error ( not by EI ) and certainly not an overcharge.

Best regards.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If EI have already processed a refund and you get your bank to do an indemnity, then the refund will go through twice and you'll still owe money to EI.

Advertisement