Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bringing life back into Moped costs?

• 29-07-2015 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello,

Just looking for some general idea on how much would it cost for getting my moped back on the road.
    Its 2007 Suzuki Katana, was is working order when put away, BUT its been sleeping in garage for over 4 years. Bought new battery, charged, electrics are coming on but not starting (as expected, will defo need new sparks)
    Rang service and is booked in, system will need flushing through, new spark plugs, etc.

Would anyone have a general idea what cost I'm looking at?
    I know it'll depend if new parts needed, I'm wondering maybe someone gone through similar and could give me a projection what can I expect?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Id throw in a new set of plugs, drop the oil and change that and yhe filters and empty any fuel thats in the tank and put fresh stuff in then it should start fine if it was running when ya left it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I'd also add that if there was fuel in the carb before it was laid up it may have turned to green slime and chunks both of which don't do anything good for starting and running.
    Factor in a proper carb strip/rebuild as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 piszton

Thanks for replies, thought I let you know, someone else might be looking for same info:

All in €250, whole system flushed out, fresh oil and petrol, new back tyre, new back breaks, new wires and plugs.
    Bought battery separately a few weeks ago, that was another €40.

Running perfectly

Advertisement