Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cashing a cheque

Options
  • 29-07-2015 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi I have a cheque that not crossed, I am planning to go to the bank today that the cheque is drawn from. To get it cashed and re lodged to get a bank draft. Will a drivers licence be sufficient for ID?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi I have a cheque that not crossed, I am planning to go to the bank today that the cheque is drawn from. To get it cashed and re lodged to get a bank draft. Will a drivers licence be sufficient for ID?
    Hi claireollie84,

Thank you for your post. 

As long as your driving license is valid and matches the name on your account, this should be sufficient to cash the cheque in the branch that the cheque is drawn from. 
    Just to mention, if the cheque says "Account Payee Only" this means the cheque can only be lodged to an account in the same name as name on the cheque.

Please let us know if we can help you with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement