Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Castelli kit?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Very impressed with the Gabba today, kept me warm and almost dry, just a bit of dampness around the shoulders, I had no ass saver but the tail of the gabba kept the rear end dry. Very happy with my purchase.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

godtabh wrote: »
    Good thing with the gabba is that it rolls up pretty neatly to fit in the back pocket

You must have pretty big pockets. It must twice the size of a normal packabe jacket rolled up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭rollingscone

mossym wrote: »
    You must have pretty big pockets. It must twice the size of a normal packabe jacket rolled up

One of the many benefits of being big n'tall my jersey pockets are huge.

I'm 6'1 and I can't imagine cycling around with something as bulky as a rolled up gabba in my back pocket . Jersets are usually a M though so maybe pockets are smaller

Either way, there are way better choices for a packable jacket.

I'm 6'1 and I can't imagine cycling around with something as bulky as a rolled up gabba in my back pocket . Jersets are usually a M though so maybe pockets are smaller

Either way, there are way better choices for a packable jacket.

I usually carry a gilet and a rain jacket in my XXL pockets along with my essentials.

Carrying a whole other long sleeved jersey might be pushing it though

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Debut with my gabba today. Too warm for it but just had to get wearing it. Im going to reserve a proper judgement on it until I get through the start of the winter with it but I have to say I'm very impressed. I love the fit of it, nothing flapping about like you get with rain jackets. I chose an XL and it's a perfect fit and not too tight but not loose either. I got caught in two showers and was amazed how the rain wicks off the jacket. It's a very warm jacket as well and i'm sure with the right base layers I could get away with wearing it in the winter. As I said I used it for the first time today so I am not going to say it's the best thing ever but so far so good.

Also I def wouldn't want to be putting the Gabba in the back pocket.

The Castelli sizing tool on Wiggle appears to be telling me that Castelli is not for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The Castelli sizing tool on Wiggle appears to be telling me that Castelli is not for me.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't. I'm a big unit and Castelli XXL jerseys and jackets are perfect. I wear Xl bib shorts and longs.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

aye, i'm a size up in castelli too, usually a medium in most, L in castelli

aye, i'm a size up in castelli too, usually a medium in most, L in castelli

That would make me a 3xl in Castelli.

I don't have a huge belly or anything but I'm 188cm /6'2" and get asked if I play Rugby a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Just recently got my first pair of Castelli shorts and first impressions are very good. Have only a pair of Assos S5_Uno to compare against from the higher end of things and I can't really tell the difference between them. Both are comfortable and appear to be well made. They certainly beat any of my other shorts with regards to comfort (some Dhb stuff and club kit).

Sizing is a bit small for the Castelli's, I'm usually size M or S but the size L Castelli shorts are a very snug fit but I think that XL might be a tad on the big side.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

That would make me a 3xl in Castelli.

I don't have a huge belly or anything but I'm 188cm /6'2" and get asked if I play Rugby a lot.

I'm 189cm and 100kg. I think you'd be fine on XXL.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Im 6ft and down to 87/88kgs and XL gabba fits me perfectly. Cycling gear is meant to be tight, it looks stupid but try it on and then bend over into a sort of cycling position and then see what it fits like. I used to always get my gear too big at the start but now I hate anything too baggy or flapping about like a parachute while cycling.

So an XXL Castelli Jersey on a 44" chest?

• Advertisement

Feckit ordered a Jersey & Bibs, Nanoflex knee and arm warmers - will be very carefully tested for size before I risk putting it past the point of returnability.

Then I put any other "surplus" funds into my savings account and vowed to live ascetically for the next two months!

Finally gave the Castelli bibs an outing on a flattish 100km at the weekend.

Wasn't super impressed with the chamois, but wasn't raw at the end either.

It left me wondering if the Castelli effect as described by others is Chamois cream dependent (or if they need breaking in) or if Castelli and my undercarriage just don't get along...

#reversesnobberyenabled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Which shorts are they, progetto x2 or the kiss chamois?

Borderfox wrote: »
    Which shorts are they, progetto x2 or the kiss chamois?

Velocissimo due.

Standby till I Google the chamois

Edit: Tis the Kiss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

I take a size M in the gabba. about to buy the Moritrolo 3 jacket. Should I stick with medium or size up to large for this jacket? not sure of the fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Stick to the same size, I'm the same for all my castelli gear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Okay thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pm78

I see castelli gabba 2 convertible jacket for 189 euro at bike inn. How does that strike people for value? Would it be available much cheaper after Xmas from anyone's experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

keep an eye out here

http://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/569924 - Mens Mortirolo 3 Jacket for 124 euro.

Picked a medium up a few weeks back, perfect fit. Pretty sure they'll add more sizes soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mezzanine08

pm78 wrote: »
    I see castelli gabba 2 convertible jacket for 189 euro at bike inn. How does that strike people for value? Would it be available much cheaper after Xmas from anyone's experience?

Just had a look at the Gabba on that site... 160E for the long sleeve whereas almost every other site is listing it for 230???

And the nanoflex bib shorts are only 75E but they're almost 120 on wiggle. Too good to be true?

Advertisement