Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<snip> Airlines Thieves

Options
  • 29-07-2015 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I tried to book flights on their website. It went all the way through until the end and then it said it timed out. Start again. When I did this the flights went up 150 quid....not the 1st time this happened to me on this site! I decided to book with another company. When I checked my email I had an email from them to confirm my booking...the flight they said was not booked. Now I had 2 flights going to the same place on the same day. I rang up their very unfriendly customer service. They were extremely rude and basically told me where to go. I rang the ombudsman who couldn't help as it is not in the EU. I've been fighting for months to get my money back. I can't believe they can just steal 500 quid like that and they don't care. The time out they have on their site is a scam. They always put the flight up. Never book with them. Thieves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Signing up to boards to only dissuade others from a company is usually frowned upon.
    I have moved your post to Consumer Issues in case you need advice, but I have removed the company name for now.

Local mods and charter applies now.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The price went up as you bought the last cheaper seats in the first booking.

It is never safe to assume a website crash did not result in a booking - check online banking or phone the supplier before proceeding with a second order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

L1011 wrote: »
    It is never safe to assume a website crash did not result in a booking - check online banking or phone the supplier before proceeding with a second order.

...and take a screenshot of the error / timeout for your records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Try doing credit card charge back on the second flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Satriale wrote: »
    Try doing credit card charge back on the second flight.

Err, no. The OP booked it with another company, who did nothing wrong. No charge back to be had there.

They could try against the airline for the first, but even that is shaky, the flight is booked and available. The service paid for is being provided.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Apologies, i misread, i thought it was the same company booked twice after a page crash and being unreasonable about it. It's the first company you have the problem with so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Possibly the chargeback against the original purchase is the way to go and push the fact that it was their website that froze, thus you did not complete the purchase and no confirmation showed on screen and no confirmation mail came until xx time afterwards.

You need to push that it was their systems and that their website did not give confirmation.

Advertisement