Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom no notification of increases. Breach of contract?

Options
  • 29-07-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, For the last 3 bills now I have seen an increase of 7.99 a month which over a year is 95.88, which to be honest I cannot afford. I was not notified of this increase by email or by post (I have moved from old address).  I signed up to a contract that with evision was 60 a month. Surely this contract price should be honoured until the end of the contract. Otherwise what is to stop you increasing to 670.99 in theory. 

I have 6 months left on the contract and see this increase as a breach of contract which I will be confirming with ComReg. I would like to cancel my contract now without penalty as a result.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, For the last 3 bills now I have seen an increase of 7.99 a month which over a year is 95.88, which to be honest I cannot afford. I was not notified of this increase by email or by post (I have moved from old address).  I signed up to a contract that with evision was 60 a month. Surely this contract price should be honoured until the end of the contract. Otherwise what is to stop you increasing to 670.99 in theory. 

I have 6 months left on the contract and see this increase as a breach of contract which I will be confirming with ComReg. I would like to cancel my contract now without penalty as a result.
    Hello irishphoenix69

Notification of price change was sent to all affected customers and the cut-off date for cancellation on reflection of the changes has passed I'm afraid.

If you would like to contest the contract period on reflection of not receiving notification you are welcome to log a complaint to receive eircoms official position on your case.

You can lodge a complaint via this link if you wish:
    https://www.eircom.net/logacomplaint.jsp

I cannot arrange cancellation of your account and a call to the cancellations team on free phone 1901 will be required

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement