Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

susi documentation

Options
  • 29-07-2015 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I applied for thd susi fees grant on the 24th of April. I sent in all documentation requested in mid May. I was refused the grant at the end of june because I had a letter from my dads employer that all his overtime had stopped and was unlikely to return this year but because the word "permanent" wasnt on the letter I was refused. I got a letter from his employer stating overtime was gone permanently and was told by susi to send it in and request an "internal review" which I did. I got a letter from them today looking for proof of residence documents to prove I lived in Ireland 3 of the last 5 years. I rang them asking why I was not asked for these documents at ghe beginning which they said they thought they didn't need them. im now gone back in the queue and will have to be assessed all over again. Anybody know if this the norm with susi. This is my first time dealing with them snd they are probably the dingle eorst organisation I have ever had the missfortune of dealing with

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JoeR91

jaydow15 wrote: »
    I applied for thd susi fees grant on the 24th of April. I sent in all documentation requested in mid May. I was refused the grant at the end of june because I had a letter from my dads employer that all his overtime had stopped and was unlikely to return this year but because the word "permanent" wasnt on the letter I was refused. I got a letter from his employer stating overtime was gone permanently and was told by susi to send it in and request an "internal review" which I did. I got a letter from them today looking for proof of residence documents to prove I lived in Ireland 3 of the last 5 years. I rang them asking why I was not asked for these documents at ghe beginning which they said they thought they didn't need them. im now gone back in the queue and will have to be assessed all over again. Anybody know if this the norm with susi. This is my first time dealing with them snd they are probably the dingle eorst organisation I have ever had the missfortune of dealing with

I've had some trouble with them since applying I find it ridiculous they point blanked refused you the first time all because a word was missing from the letter you sent but anyway take it as a good sign there looking for documents off you.. Completely understand your frustration doh would love know who they have working there cause they seem to be asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jaydow15

JoeR91 wrote: »
    I've had some trouble with them since applying I find it ridiculous they point blanked refused you the first time all because a word was missing from the letter you sent but anyway take it as a good sign there looking for documents off you.. Completely understand your frustration doh would love know who they have working there cause they seem to be asleep

They sent out a letter for proof of residence. I have to go looking for stuff to prove I lived here 3 of the last give years. If they had asked for this months ago fair enough but now I go back to the end of the queue again

They sent out a letter for proof of residence. I have to go looking for stuff to prove I lived here 3 of the last give years. If they had asked for this months ago fair enough but now I go back to the end of the queue again

I know it's ridiculous but they have dealt with mine pretty quick so you could be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Sounds like unless you fall inside the "first time going into college, post leaving cert from a under privileged family" category they just don't know what they're doing with themselves

Well I sent my documents for proff of residency by swift post yesterday. Susi got them this morning. But of course they wont accept them. Told to get a 3 year bank statement and that "it would only cost a couple of euro" this was said rather glibly. Also told ( again glibly) that I can pay the college fees and if I get the grant I will get refunded. Rang the bank anf they said it will be €3 a sheet for the statement and will cost a few hundread euro. Its geting to the stage now where im questioning if its worth all the hasdle at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as ive never come up against tjis kind of farce before

• Advertisement

Well I sent my documents for proff of residency by swift post yesterday. Susi got them this morning. But of course they wont accept them. Told to get a 3 year bank statement and that "it would only cost a couple of euro" this was said rather glibly. Also told ( again glibly) that I can pay the college fees and if I get the grant I will get refunded. Rang the bank anf they said it will be €3 a sheet for the statement and will cost a few hundread euro. Its geting to the stage now where im questioning if its worth all the hasdle at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as ive never come up against tjis kind of farce before

I had same thing and once I found out it was gonna cost a fortune I said Susi can go f**k themselves so I went up to my social welfare office and got a record of how long I've been claiming social welfare and they stamped it for me it's actually f**king ridiculous they have all our pps numbers so they can see everything about us

I havent been on the soical the last 3 years. I done a vtos course for 2 years to get to college. I sent the letter we got from vtos stating I had compleated 2 years but the wont accept that either. Ive tried to make a complaint via email but was told I can't and that I have to download some complaint form to do that and it will be 28 days before I hear anything. I was only asked for this proof of residency a few days ago and was not asked for it in the original documents they requested. Meanwhile my college start date draws closer and im in limbo

I havent been on the soical the last 3 years. I done a vtos course for 2 years to get to college. I sent the letter we got from vtos stating I had compleated 2 years but the wont accept that either. Ive tried to make a complaint via email but was told I can't and that I have to download some complaint form to do that and it will be 28 days before I hear anything. I was only asked for this proof of residency a few days ago and was not asked for it in the original documents they requested. Meanwhile my college start date draws closer and im in limbo

I see well I know with aib my bank statements go back to 2013 so if you had access to printer you can print them
    Off yourself! I rang asking about this and they told me it doesn't have to be a full year worth of statements just a period long enough to show frequent activity in your bank account

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

you just need a single dated page per year. you don't need a few hundred euros worth of print outs. you're upset because they've only recently asked for this kind of proof, but wouldn't it be worse if they had you spending money getting this proof when it was already evident to them that your application would be rejected based on the initial ambiguity of your father's overtime situation. I'd rather not be put in a situation where I would be asked to spend money when they already know my application is going to be rejected...so can't really fault them on this ? be a big boy (or girl) and provide the proof of address. try some deep breathing exercises. you'll get through this. and count yourself lucky you weren't born in the likes of america where some bureaucratic hiccups in getting your education paid for would seem positively trivial. I had my application in straight away, with all documentation required supplied promptly...and it's been queued for weeks upon weeks. And contrary to what Angrylips said, I fall into the category that should be easiest to process...and still they're delaying me. But I'm not having a ****-fit about it. I'm entitled to the grant, so I'll let the wheels of bureaucracy turn slowly if they must. I don't give a two penny **** how long it takes or my position in the queue so long as it comes through.

I asked if I sent in a statement ftom each year would that do to. Their answer was no it must be a complete 12 month statement for each year. I might just ring the ombudsman tomorrow

• Advertisement

I asked if I sent in a statement ftom each year would that do to. Their answer was no it must be a complete 12 month statement for each year. I might just ring the ombudsman tomorrow

as far as the proof of residence goes .... this simply isn't true. all they needed from me was a single dated page, one for each year. why they would be asking you for 36 months of banking activity must go beyond proof of residence and into the realms of checking you out financially. at any rate, as far as proof of residence goes, it's not what is generally requested. good luck.

That's bull you've clearly been dealing with a""holes on the phone as it's said above a single page will do get them and send them in

SameHorse wrote: »
    you just need a single dated page per year. you don't need a few hundred euros worth of print outs. you're upset because they've only recently asked for this kind of proof, but wouldn't it be worse if they had you spending money getting this proof when it was already evident to them that your application would be rejected based on the initial ambiguity of your father's overtime situation. I'd rather not be put in a situation where I would be asked to spend money when they already know my application is going to be rejected...so can't really fault them on this ? be a big boy (or girl) and provide the proof of address. try some deep breathing exercises. you'll get through this. and count yourself lucky you weren't born in the likes of america where some bureaucratic hiccups in getting your education paid for would seem positively trivial. I had my application in straight away, with all documentation required supplied promptly...and it's been queued for weeks upon weeks. And contrary to what Angrylips said, I fall into the category that should be easiest to process...and still they're delaying me. But I'm not having a ****-fit about it. I'm entitled to the grant, so I'll let the wheels of bureaucracy turn slowly if they must. I don't give a two penny **** how long it takes or my position in the queue so long as it comes through.
    I sent in everything they have asked for months ago. They keep changing the goalposts. If I had 3 grand I wouldnt be looking for them to "pay for my education" I asked if a statement dated gor each year would suffice and the answer was an emphatic "no" it must be for the full 12 months of every year.

btw, are you referring about Susi here...or your bank ? i.e is your bank refusing to supply a single page for each year ?

btw, are you referring about Susi here...or your bank ? i.e is your bank refusing to supply a single page for each year ?

The bank will have no problem supply me with it but they afvised me against it as it will cost €3 per page

I sent in everything they have asked for months ago. They keep changing the goalposts. If I had 3 grand I wouldnt be looking for them to "pay for my education" I asked if a statement dated gor each year would suffice and the answer was an emphatic "no" it must be for the full 12 months of every year.

no...they don't keep moving the goalposts. first you make the initial application, as we all did. and then upon investigating that initial application they send out a request for further documentation. This is how it happens to all of us. in your case your application was rejected immediately because of the ambiguity of your father's overtime situation. such is life. once you rectified it, your application proceeded to the stage where they request further documentation i.e proof of residency etc.

The bank will have no problem supply me with it but they afvised me against it as it will cost €3 per page

that wasn't the question. I was just seeking clarification over who exactly was demanding 36 months of bank statements be printed out. Susi or the bank themselves. you appear to be saying that it is Susi who are demanding the 36 months of bank statements. as far as proof of residency goes, that is totally off the wall and not what was requested for anyone else. perhaps there are other reasons, i.e financial checkups, for wanting such documents from you. anyway - if it is just a proof of residency issue... I wouldn't get so stressed about it. If you must use bank statements, you can insist that it's not reasonable to have you provide 36 months worth of documentation where everyone else only had to supply a single sheet per year. otherwise look in to alternatives to bank statements. at any rate, the whole 'moving the goal posts' thing isn't accurate... this is the same sequence of events I went through. I imagine anyone else whose application was rejected initially is probably operating under the same time-frame too.

no...they don't keep moving the goalposts. first you make the initial application, as we all did. and then upon investigating that initial application they send out a request for further documentation. This is how it happens to all of us. in your case your application was rejected immediately because of the ambiguity of your father's overtime situation. such is life. once you rectified it, your application proceeded to the stage where they request further documentation i.e proof of residency etc.[/quote

The word permanent was missing from the letter. I was explicity told that if I got a letter with that word in it I would proceed to reward. With the greatest of respect please do not presume to tell me my circumstances

no...they don't keep moving the goalposts. first you make the initial application, as we all did. and then upon investigating that initial application they send out a request for further documentation. This is how it happens to all of us. in your case your application was rejected immediately because of the ambiguity of your father's overtime situation. such is life. once you rectified it, your application proceeded to the stage where they request further documentation i.e proof of residency etc.

The word permanent was missing from the letter. I was explicity told that if I got a letter with that word in it I would proceed to reward. With the greatest of respect please do not presume to tell me my circumstances

I'm not interested in why it was rejected... the fact is, there was ambiguity...and it was rejected. No goalposts were moved. When you rectified that situation, your application progressed as normal. I can sympathise with your situation re: 36 months of bank statements (which as far as proof of residency goes, is not the norm) ... but in terms of the timing of these events, you really need to suck it up. with respect.

that wasn't the question. I was just seeking clarification over who exactly was demanding 36 months of bank statements be printed out. Susi or the bank themselves. you appear to be saying that it is Susi who are demanding the 36 months of bank statements. as far as proof of residency goes, that is totally off the wall and not what was requested for anyone else. perhaps there are other reasons, i.e financial checkups, for wanting such documents from you. anyway - if it is just a proof of residency issue... I wouldn't get so stressed about it. If you must use bank statements, you can insist that it's not reasonable to have you provide 36 months worth of documentation where everyone else only had to supply a single sheet per year. otherwise look in to alternatives to bank statements. at any rate, the whole 'moving the goal posts' thing isn't accurate... this is the same sequence of events I went through. I imagine anyone else whose application was rejected initially is probably operating under the same time-frame too.
    it is susi who are demanding the bsnk statements. And it is not for financial reasons they want it it is for residency proof acording to them. They refused a p60 from 2013 as it was not for the full 52 weeks either

• Advertisement

it is susi who are demanding the bsnk statements. And it is not for financial reasons they want it it is for residency proof acording to them. They refused a p60 from 2013 as it was not for the full 52 weeks either

yes, well, like I've said multiple times - that's not normal and you have a case there for complaint or protest. You have to wonder if there are any other reasons they may be applying such scrutiny to your application. It was in the news a while back that there was widescale 'fraud' last year so perhaps they're being excessive this year to compensate. my application has been queued for assessment for weeks/months, and I'd certainly hope not to be faced with this bureaucratic BS while Uni is in full flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Does anyone know for sure if bank statements are sufficient for proof of residency? It's not listed as one of the acceptable documents for this requirement

AngryLips wrote: »
    Does anyone know for sure if bank statements are sufficient for proof of residency? It's not listed as one of the acceptable documents for this requirement

Yes they are

Rang susi this morning and was told all documentation was perfect and my assessment was queued. Girl couldn't understand why I was told yesterday it wasnt accepted and why I was asked for all the bank statements. Then a couple of hours later got a call to say that that was wrong and that the documentation was refused and the bank statements or p60s for 12 months of each year would be required. Anyway I went online and downloaded the complaint form and have emailed that back to them. Whenever I hear anything back from that is anyones guess

Rang susi this morning and was told all documentation was perfect and my assessment was queued. Girl couldn't understand why I was told yesterday it wasnt accepted and why I was asked for all the bank statements. Then a couple of hours later got a call to say that that was wrong and that the documentation was refused and the bank statements or p60s for 12 months of each year would be required. Anyway I went online and downloaded the complaint form and have emailed that back to them. Whenever I hear anything back from that is anyones guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

It's so frustrating when several people from the same organisation are giving you contrary information.

Dair76 wrote: »
    It's so frustrating when several people from the same organisation are giving you contrary information.

The applicant suffers because of their incompetence which is the sad part

Dair76 wrote: »

The applicant suffers because of their incompetence which is the sad part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

I got my own letter regarding documentation this morning. They want evidence of any courses I've done in the past (question ref. C4 on the application). I answered "No" for this question (as advised by a SUSI rep), so I assume I don't need to provide anything at all then??

• Advertisement

My experience is not to trust anything any of the susi staff tell you over the phone because I have been constantly been fed false and missinfotmation

Advertisement