Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 22) & League Cup Semi-Final (31 July-3 Aug)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dfx- wrote: »
    Big result tonight for Galway/Drogheda/Bray/Longford. Bit of breathing space now to Sligo in the playoff place.

Sligo as bad as they may be won't lose the playoff.
    If we manage to get the playoff spot we will lose. Can't see us beating anyone really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Complete domination from Pat's in that first half. Shams players look like they were on the p!ss last night.

Stupid that it's still nil nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Even enough in Terryland between United and Dundalk B. Michael D and Delaney in attendance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Even enough in Terryland between United and Dundalk B. Michael D and Delaney in attendance.

Did JD get lost going somewhere else?! Much of a crowd at it?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Did JD get lost going somewhere else?! Much of a crowd at it?

Worse than our league crowd.

Edit: something just over 1100 here.

Penalties at Rovers vs Pats. Eek.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Pats are through. Galway in for extra-time now. Tense. 'Mon Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Galway United have literally 11 fit and available senior players for tomorrow. :(
    We should have injury crises more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Both games today had 120 minutes and not a goal by any of the four teams
    Exciting stuff

• Advertisement

Absolutely chuffed to get into another final.

Ian Morris looks to be a quality signing by Bucko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Watching the Shels highlights on Soccer Republic it definitely shows 2 points dropped. Didn't realise we had so many chances on the night! Good to get my ugly mug on RTE again :D Big game down in Cobh on Saturday, badly need a win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

monkey9 wrote: »
    Absolutely chuffed to get into another final.

Ian Morris looks to be a quality signing by Bucko.

If Morris hadn't got injured he'd have been Northampton's player of the year. Quality on and off the pitch. I was disappointed they let him go, if he stays fit he has a lot of good years left in him. Thought he was too good for league two in England myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Fair play to Galway. Knew it was going to be a tough game after our first team struggled to beat them a few years ago. And in fairness to Galway we had five or six first team players playing yesterday so it wasn't as if they beat a bunch of Dundalk schoolboys. Hopefully they can finish the job off and beat Pats in the final.

Unreal night in Galway lastnight. Our first final in 18 years. The final is in Terryland apparently.

Unreal night in Galway lastnight. Our first final in 18 years. The final is in Terryland apparently.

Should be a great occasion. Hopefully you get a good turnout on the night. Always liked a visit to Terryland and Galway in general.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Both games today had 120 minutes and not a goal by any of the four teams
    Exciting stuff

So what?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Pighead wrote: »
    Fair play to Galway. Knew it was going to be a tough game after our first team struggled to beat them a few years ago.
    I wouldn't go that far back to look for a team's form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I wouldn't go that far back to look for a team's form.
    Ha! My brain's gone. A few weeks ago of course!

If Morris hadn't got injured he'd have been Northampton's player of the year. Quality on and off the pitch. I was disappointed they let him go, if he stays fit he has a lot of good years left in him. Thought he was too good for league two in England myself.

I have to admit, i never heard of him before he signed for us. At the moment he's clearly not match fit, but he looks pure class whenever he's played. His passing is unreal.

There's no apparently about it, the final will definitely be in Terryland. They'll pretend to have a draw for it, but it'll be Terryland.

I've no issue with that either by the way. It's a good trip in a really good stadium. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If we win it, bucko completes the domestic set with us in this spell:

As a manager[edit]
    League of Ireland: 2
    St Patrick's Athletic – 1998–99
    St Patrick's Athletic – 2013
    FAI Cup: 2
    Sporting Fingal – 2009
    St Patrick's Athletic – 2014
    FAI President's Cup: 1
    St Patrick's Athletic – 2014