Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon EU S.a.r.L. sent used item and cannot provide any feedback

Options
  • 29-07-2015 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey All,

I bought a product from Amazon EU as I always do as they sell new products only. After a week, the product arrived and it was in a pretty bad way for a "new" product. From speaking with support they said:
    "However I can confirm that all item sold in Amazon.co.uk is a brand new item."
    it was definitely not!!

As a seller, amazon do not have a seller page or a seller feedback for their sales. Had a chat with their support, they pushed me to leave feedback on the product page which I said would not be the best place but they said to submit there as well as after the chat.

Within 2 minutes, the review was rejected "Your review could not be posted." which I am sure was due to it being seller feedback instead as I mentioned trying to send me to seller feedback page but we cannot provide feedback for Amazon EU S.a.r.L. at all so how can I complain about this issue? This is infuriating!

Anyone had a bad experience with Amazon as a seller and how they got in touch with them about their issue?:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Provide a link to exactly where you bought the product, that will clear up who you actually bought it off as buying of "Amazon EU" isn't exactly clear, I am guessing you bought off Amazon.co.uk but it said it was shipped from Amazon S.a.r.l? But you need to clarify.

If I'm correct then I don't believe they do sell second hand products, if you got something you are not happy with then tell them you want to return it and ask for a replacement or your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You can return items to amazon within 28 days if you are not satisfied. You've made a record of your complaint that the item looks used, maybe send an email too and photos if theres visible wear and tear. Then pack it up and send it on it's way.
    Its important to have a record of your complaint so they know you werent responsible for any damage to the item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Return it, Amazon's returns process is a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Amazon do sell lots of second had stuff, I have only ever had one problem with something second hand which was not as described(I knew it was second hand) and they took it back and issued refund with no problems. If you go to "your orders" on Amazon , on the top right of each order there is a link to order details, this will give you details of whether you ordered new or second hand, along with details of the condition of the second hand item,

Example from a recent order of mine
    Condition: Used - Good - Used Good condition book may have signs of cover wear and/or marks on corners and page edges. Inside pages may have highlighting, writing and underlining. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy.

In my experience Amazon a great for refunds, just tell them you want to send it back for a refund.

Advertisement