Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to start up a small pallet delivery business

Options
  • 29-07-2015 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys I'm lookin to start up a small pallet delivery business in the next few yrs gonna start of small with one lorry and one van has anybody any advice that could help me in any way i was thinking of starting a business first wit fastways to try an make some funding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

Do you mean you will sell pallets for home use? i.e. as a base for sofas / beds and decorative?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Don't waste your time still no money in this business margins are too tight and if you can't provide a nationwide service it's hard to get customers.

Try and get in as a subcontractor with someone with a view to getting a second van in. DHL, Dpd, Night line, Superior all use subcontractors as do fastway.

Do not buy a fastway franchise. They are constantly for sale for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

A lot of places contract out work to independent drivers. (primeline in ashbourne are an example) You also have the likes of TPN (The Pallet Network) who put business your way.

Tight margins, but if you like truck driving and get regular contracts, a living can be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 woodenwonder

There's definitely something there. I find it hard to get bulky\oversized items shipped. Maybe there's a niche there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EamonnMc

hey guys thanks for the replys the business im looking to start up is to deliver people goods no matter how small or big depending on the size of truck i would be using i work at the minute with a company called Duffys Express Ltd in Donegal Ireland they work out of the pallet express and the pallet network no not empty pallets people's goods come on the pallets then we deliver them to shops/pups/house/co.op/ etc etc where ever they have to go we deliver them either in artics/rigids/vans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

ELEVEN MONTHS LATER

Seriously ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Bandara wrote: »
    ELEVEN MONTHS LATER

Seriously ?

I think he was waiting on a punctuation delivery. Looks like he went ahead regardless! :rolleyes:

• Company Representative Posts: 8 Verified rep Microfinance Ireland: Kevin

EamonnMc wrote: »
    hey guys thanks for the replys the business im looking to start up is to deliver people goods no matter how small or big depending on the size of truck i would be using i work at the minute with a company called Duffys Express Ltd in Donegal Ireland they work out of the pallet express and the pallet network no not empty pallets people's goods come on the pallets then we deliver them to shops/pups/house/co.op/ etc etc where ever they have to go we deliver them either in artics/rigids/vans

Hi Eamonn,

Referring back to your first point - if you were looking for some help with getting your business up and running then you could try the Local Enterprise Office in Donegal.

They could be a very useful resource for you when looking for advice on where to begin.

Advertisement