Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Skimming (leap card)

• 29-07-2015 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Guys looking for advice on this one. A friend of mine of mine suspects an international bank card of hers was skimmed. Somebody topped up a leap card twice in the last forth night at a luas stop. She hasn't used the used the luas since changing jobs in May, so the transactions are definitely suspicious. She has checked her own leap card history to see if she had made top up on the dates in question, but the amounts are unusually large now that she is on the lower cap, bus only in a given week.
    She has contacted her card issuer, who are issuing her a new card. I personally think she should make a report to the guards on the the off chance the who ever is using the leap card is dumb enough to have a personalized card. Anything else she can do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I personally think she should make a report to the guards on the the off chance the who ever is using the leap card is dumb enough to have a personalized card. Anything else she can do.

This. The card issuer may be able to provide info that could help the guards. Maybe not but worth checking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

dudara wrote: »
    Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Appreciated Dudara, was not sure of the best place to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

This. The card issuer may be able to provide info that could help the guards. Maybe not but worth checking out.

No idea if she is protected or if the bank is interested in pursuing, especially as her account is in another country. They have blocked her card and issued her a new one. Lucky it wasn't her Irish card, I guess, as her salary goes there. If it was my account I would, be passing this on the guards. I imagine data protection would prevent the leap card people from telling you who the account is tied to.

Advertisement