Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artist's website

Options
  • 29-07-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

I'm trying to put up a website for a friend who is an artist, so naturally her main use for the website will be displaying photographs of her art works. I am looking for a simple way for her to get future images up on her site, as once it's online, she wants to be able to maintain it herself. Editing images with Photoshop or another image editor, uploading them via FTP, and then editing html is not something she feels able to do. I'd be grateful for suggestions for simple ways to make this happen. She's tried WordPress but wasn't happy with it. Maybe using the embed code off Instagram posts? I'd be grateful if anyone has suggestions. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Pinterest gallery?
    flickr gallery?
    instagram gallery?

There's loads of API's out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Koken although aimed at photographers is a great little CMS.

http://koken.me/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bathroomly

Wordpress is a fantastic tool - what was it that she didn't like about it?

WP has so many extensions that make adding galleries simple and easy to do - there's the possibility that she doesn't have something user friendly installed. With these, she shouldn't have to touch any HTML.

Do you want to provide a link so we can see the site (if its been built already)?

Advertisement