Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint

Options
  • 29-07-2015 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi
    I made a complaint 7 weeks ago with my local Bank of Ireland and as of yet have not heard from anybody in Bank of Ireland despite at the time being told that I would receive a phone call.
    Could you please explain to me Bank of Ireland's procedure for dealing with customer complaints.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi
    I made a complaint 7 weeks ago with my local Bank of Ireland and as of yet have not heard from anybody in Bank of Ireland despite at the time being told that I would receive a phone call.
    Could you please explain to me Bank of Ireland's procedure for dealing with customer complaints.
    Hi Deise Hurler, 

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard back in relation to your complaint.

Here's a link explaining our complaints procedure.

If you would like us to arrange a call back in connection to this, please send a PM with your name and phone number and we will happily look into this for you.

Thanks

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

If you have not had contact in that time go to the financial ombudsman well within your rights . I made a verbal complaint a year ago never heard back and I let it go I regret that now . I have just sent a more serious complaint today via registered mail on advice of my solicitor and I already know will be ignored so will be counting down the days to refer on to ombudsman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi alibab,

Thanks for your post.

We’re sorry to hear you feel this way. Please be assured that our Complaints team will investigate your complaint fully and if it is not resolved immediately, they will  contact you within five working days of receiving it to advise you that it is being investigated further. 

Thanks,

Sarah

I really hope so Sarah I sent it by registered post to the address in you previous link and a copy to branch manager also .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

I was told I would receive a phone call within 5 working days but no phone call. I know I probably didn't have a valid complaint but I was disgusted with the way Bank of Ireland changed their stamp duty offer and interest rates and having missed out by a few days I was raging. The mortgage advisor agreed with me over the phone that it was disgraceful what they were doing and was annoyed with it herself as she was getting it in the neck from other customers. Made a complaint to show my disgust. Never heard back from anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

I was told I would receive a phone call within 5 working days but no phone call. I know I probably didn't have a valid complaint but I was disgusted with the way Bank of Ireland changed their stamp duty offer and interest rates and having missed out by a few days I was raging. The mortgage advisor agreed with me over the phone that it was disgraceful what they were doing and was annoyed with it herself as she was getting it in the neck from other customers.  Made a complaint to show my disgust. Never heard back from anyone.
    Hi Deise Hurler,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We are sorry to hear that you did not receive any contact after you sent in your complaint.

If you would like us to arrange a call back for you in relation this please send us a DM with your contact details and the branch in which you raised the complaint with.

Thanks again,

Tara C

I was told I would receive a phone call within 5 working days but no phone call. I know I probably didn't have a valid complaint but I was disgusted with the way Bank of Ireland changed their stamp duty offer and interest rates and having missed out by a few days I was raging. The mortgage advisor agreed with me over the phone that it was disgraceful what they were doing and was annoyed with it herself as she was getting it in the neck from other customers. Made a complaint to show my disgust. Never heard back from anyone.

Going by name we could be in the same area DeiseHurler. My original complaint different to this one was also regarding mortgage and u made it verbally in bank and was told would hear from them I never did. It was so serious I ended up going with AIB for my mortgage and once again no reason what so ever for the way I was treated .

The ironic thing about it all is that bank of ireland continue to cause me problems that has caused me to make two serious complaints in the one year the latest one being very serious and disturbing .

Yet they turn around and call me a premium customer sending me letters to this effect and phone calls . Let's see how premium I am when dealing with this complaint. .

Just to update my issue was handled very well and I had a very speedy resolution via my written complaint. I am happy with the outcome of same and I am happy it has been cleared up and I can put it behind me .

Just to update my issue was handled very well and I had a very speedy resolution via my written complaint. I am happy with the outcome of same and I am happy it has been cleared up and I can put it behind me .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

alibab wrote: »
    Just to update my issue was handled very well and I had a very speedy resolution via my written complaint.  I am happy with the outcome of same and I am happy it has been cleared up and I can put it behind me .
    Hi alibab,

We are delighted to hear this has been resolved to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your positive feedback.

If you have any other queries please let us know.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement