Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

will celtic win tonight by 2 or more

• 29-07-2015 6:05pm

thinking about a bet ,anyone know anything about qarabag

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Doesnt matter its Celtic they will always let you down in bets.

well thats the truth anyway,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I wouldn't bet on any team after travelling 3000 miles to a game to be honest.

edit: Celtic are at home. Ignore me.

I assumed they were away because I read the only channel showing it is a channel is Azerbaijan.

yeah you would think some of the irish or even british stations would show it

Celtic wouldnt allow it to sell more tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Just a guess. Perhaps the right holder is looking for too much for it. Out from Celtic fans and Irish people living over there, it would be of little interest to the mainstream British stations. And maybe too expensive for RTE/TV3 to buy the rights to show it over here?
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Celtic wouldnt allow it to sell more tickets.
    That's possible as well.

https://twitter.com/FootyLaughs/status/626430754986168320

The link on that tweet is to a genuine online betting company (I won't name them). If that is/was a genuine offer, it's a licence to print money isn't it? Put on a tenner, get fifty back if Celtic win tonight (not over the two legs, just tonight).

Usually crappy rules with them offers in that you have to roll over your winnings before you can cash out.

Sometimes its multiple rollovers ie stick in 40 quid 2 or 3 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Offers" like that should be illegal. Point blank. Its stonewall false advertisement. You cant claim one thing, and mean another and shrug it away by pointing to the small print.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Not a hope they would be allowed. It's not even on Celtic TV, They want to maximise the attendance. On your bet, i wouldnt be too confident but i know nothing about the opposition so who knows, what odds are you getting?

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Usually crappy rules with them offers in that you have to roll over your winnings before you can cash out.

Sometimes its multiple rollovers ie stick in 40 quid 2 or 3 times.
    Fair enough. I only clicked on the link to see if the company was a legitimate one. I've never had an account with any of those online betting sites, so I wouldn't be up to speed on their tricks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This tweet has a detailed response from the club on why it's not being televised.

Whether it's the truth is another matter.

https://twitter.com/MartyStrong88/status/626467506669121536

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Charlie19 wrote: »
    This tweet has a detailed response from the club on why it's not being televised.

https://twitter.com/MartyStrong88/status/626467506669121536

They should have let Bt Sport show the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Charlie19 wrote: »

I know someone who is subscribed to CelticTV and he said there was a lot of angry subscribers in the comments section on the site today. They closed the comments off because there was so much sh*t being posted.

The statement sounds like a load of sh*te. They just didn't want to broadcast it so more people would pay £20+ to go watch the match. They've pissed off a lot of subscribers now, so they are trying to make up some hacker bullsh*t to get away with it.

Didn't they do a similar thing with rights last year? They refused to sell them to TVP in Poland for the Celtic vs Legia game so the Polish fans would have to hand over money to Celtic TV to watch the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd be disgusted myself if I was forking out €7 or whatever it is a month, to then find out the games aren't being televised. I know its a wee bit different but plenty of people subscribed to LFCtv for just the month that the pre-season friendlies were on. Is it normal to get European qualifiers on the clubs Tv channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

I don't really see the problem. Clubs are under no obligation to televise matches, particularly if it affects their main source of income, which is gates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I don't really see the problem. Clubs are under no obligation to televise matches, particularly if it affects their main source of income, which is gates.

Actually they are. If you offer a service, and people subscribe to said service, you cannot just pull it. No doubt they will cite some small print, but it wont save them.

Short term gain, long term loss. Nobody is going to trust them again after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Kirby wrote: »
    Actually they are. If you offer a service, and people subscribe to said service, you cannot just pull it. No doubt they will cite some small print, but it wont save them.

Short term gain, long term loss. Nobody is going to trust them again after this.

Unless they advertised all Champions League qualifiers, they don't have to show it.

I'm sure people will still pay for the station. These channels are designed for mugs.

Advertisement