Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's the king of the promo? You decide! vote here

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The rock probably should have just gotten a bye to the final :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

As I don't watch enough ROH i'd probably have abstained from the vote if he was against most wrestlers but there are literally only a handful of wrestlers that could challenge Dwayne on the Mic and Briscoe isn;t one of em so it has to be The Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The Rock.

My favourite of the Attitude Era on the mic

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

The Rock is the best of all-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

The Rock, that concert is outstanding from start to finish. And that's just one of many, many, many, many great ones from the Great One.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

And that went as expected really. Last match of Round One.

Round One, Match Sixteen:

Seth Rollins:

The Architect has grown into an outstanding mic worker imo. A far cry from the skinny kid in ROH or even when he debuted with the Shield.

vs

Sensational Sherri:

I wanted at least one woman on here. Sherri was the most memorable female when it comes to charisma and just outright insanity. Her and Savage were great together.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Rollins is a smug arrogant hateful cnut. He does his job property. The Architect all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Have to say I really enjoy Rollins promos this year. Plays a great **** (perhaps maybe he is in real life) so he gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Rollins no doubt, though he'll probably go out next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Sherri without a doubt. As much as I like Rollins I don't think he is really that great on the mic. He is good, not brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Sherri, she had years of intense promos, Rollins is still too fresh for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

If you can go toe to toe with Paul Heyman and not look like an idiot, you're doing something right. Rollins has done this several times this year, and is only improving on the stick, being well able to give a good variety of promos. He is already proving to be a brilliant talker, and he can only improve in my opinion. He gets my vote.

Rollins.

Rollins takes it down. On to round two.

Same first to six or 24 hours rule applies.

Round Two, Match One:

Paul Heyman

vs

HHH

Please outline a reason for your vote and if you like, link and mention favourite promos of yours :)

Paul E. In the year 2015 when everything and I mean everything is exposed and nudge nudge wink wink, this man can still sell a PPV main event to me in a strictly kayfabe promoter sense. Nobody else could do that.

Paul Heyman

Triple H is very good but Paulie is at the top table of promo guys. He can sell a match, PPV or put over a talent like nobody else in the industry at the moment and yet he isn't just an at the moment kinda guy, his ECW promos were awesome.

here is an example of his promos from a match and feud most people will forget and yet it's so gripping listing to

when he stops talking I immediately stop caring but im interested in the match he was on about

of course I coulda went for the more classic Paulie stuff like this

Heyman is currently the best in the WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Paul Heyman for me.
    I personally loved the way he managed to put both Brock and Roman over during his promos and his promo after the streak was broken was awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Paul Heyman. The man could get u pumped for a cricket match!!!!!

A total whitewash for the Walrus. Can anyone stop him?

Round Two, Match Two:

Stone Cold Steve Austin

vs

Dusty Rhodes

Think not many have cast their vote cos this one is so tough to separate the two. Im going for Dusty but would not be surprised to see SCSA take it. Austin's character was one of the best and he was great on the mic but despite the KOTR 316 promo when I think of great promos Dusty pops up first the guy worked a mic and a crowd so well.

• Advertisement

Extremely tough, I'm going to side with Austin. His Austin 3:16 was awesome and did some great humorous stuff also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Stone cold for the win brother ! I grew up listening to him and loved it when he raised hell even in his promos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ricero wrote: »
    Stone cold for the win brother ! I grew up listening to him and loved it when he raised hell even in his promos

Dusty for me, Austin was brilliant when he did promos but I think it was his whole character that set him apart rather than just promos. He was more of a man of action rather than words overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Dusty Rhodes. I love the fact that he would sometimes work in Bob Dylan lyrics into his promos, and that he wasn't afraid to make himself look foolish, in turn making himself iconic.

I'm going with Stone Cold because Dusty's in-ring career was almost done by the time I first watched wrestling. Not much stuff about him and the four Horsemen on the WWE Network either.

Dusty for his charm alone. His ECW work was great too, very underrated.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

1. - The Rock
    2. - Steve Austin
    3. - Dusty Rhodes
    4. - Paul Heyman
    5. - Roddy Piper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Dusty gets my vote. Well said about stone cold, his character was one of the v.best, but on the mic Dusty takes this.

Dusty takes it down. Low vote count this round, hope that's not a sign this is dying out.

Anyway....

Round Two, Match Three:

Mick Foley

vs

Bray Wyatt

• Advertisement

Mick Foley.
    Bray Wyatt is good and all but he's a bit of a rave and you wouldn't know what he's on about at times. Mick Foley did three different characters and mastered different styles.

Advertisement