Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's the king of the promo? You decide! vote here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Foley, I don't lose my attention when he's on the mic, unlike with Wyatt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gotta give this one to Foley. He's just superior and one of the greatest of all time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It's Foley and by a huge margin. I put Bray through last round and I think the guy has great ability but he hasn't really been given anything that great to work with imo.

Not to say Foley didn't create something brilliant from nothing many times before but the fact remains Ms Foleys baby boy is in that elite group with Dusty, Jake, The Rock & co and Bray isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mick Foley without a doubt. He's brilliant comically, seriously and in a deranged way too. Could also do sympathy very well. A superb range.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

No question about it - Foley, his intensity was a joy to behold. When he talked - you listened, unlike Wyatt - when he talks I fall asleep!

Foley also could do anything, psychotic, serious, manic, funny, grooovy, all of it - where as wyatt has shown himself to be a one trick pony.

Foley!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Bray Wyatt! I find Mick to be to irritating now that I have read so many of his books and I hear the weird stuff about the divas. Bray Wyatt is very good at what he does and I think it is unfair that people say everything is the same with him. It's always that way with The Undertaker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Never liked Foley. Come at me entire WWE universe.

Bray gets my vote by default because of that, but I do genuinely think the guy is extremely talented and has surprise surprise not been used properly by WWE.

Bray Wyatt! I find Mick to be to irritating now that I have read so many of his books and I hear the weird stuff about the divas. Bray Wyatt is very good at what he does and I think it is unfair that people say everything is the same with him. It's always that way with The Undertaker!

What weird stuff with the divas ? Was the mickster a pervert ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Foley. Once again, Wyatt's rambling go-nowhere promos are counting against him for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Easy win for Foley. Moving on.

Round Two, Match Four:

Jake Roberts

vs

Chris Jericho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Gotta go with the snake here - he cant be matched for intensity on a promo - jericho can be hit an miss throughout his personas btu jake never missed! the cold stare the methodical delivery, he had you from the moment he opened his mouth!

Jake The Snake!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

For me it's Jake

Jericho was consistently very good and I wouldn't mind him going through here but Jake was better than good, he was great and his promos really just stand out. Very unique delivery style and thought went into each one and as said previously he could really deliver a chilling top notch heel promo.

well its jericho for me. When he was funny he was hilarious and when he was a bastard you hated him. I enjoyed his heel run and his promos were amazing against shawn michaels.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Jake The Snake.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Jericho for me, while he hasn't been good for a while he was great on the mic for a long time, one of the funniest guys there was to listen to. ARMBAR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Mick takes this one for me.
    As was already said, such a wide range to his skills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Rock77 wrote: »
    Mick takes this one for me.
    As was already said, such a wide range to his skills
    We're gone onto Jake Roberts vs Chris Jericho now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Sorry, a big delay with my post for some reason. Anyway Jake gets my vote here. Intense!!!!!

Y2J for me on the basis he could reinvent himself and stay relevant like nobody else. As said, he could be goofy, witty, sadistic, sarcastic, everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Jake. His quiet tone was different too everyone else at the time. His promo at This Tuesday in Texas 1991 is phenomenal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Chris Jericho definitely. Although I'm biased for this pick I'll admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Jake for me. Didn't need any fancy catchphrases, just pure intensity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Jake, he's convincingly dark and demented. I could listen to him cut promos all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Has to be Jake. One of the 'realest' and most believable guys in wrestling history. He could still contribute today if he wasn't so unpredictable. His HOF speech was the best one I've heard.

Jericho was always a pretty good talker but don't rate him amongst the very best.

As an aside, I think I've realised the various age groups here through this thread.

Jake Roberts.
    ricero wrote: »
    What weird stuff with the divas ? Was the mickster a pervert ?
    He comes across as a bit of a one, yeah. In lots of his books I've felt that the way he speaks about the Divas is a bit juvenile and almost like hero-worship stuff. I felt a bit embarrassed for him and his family. A legend, but odd around that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

What has he said about them? I find him a bit tedious but not sure what you mean.

I just reread that. He does talk about his friends The Bellas a lot...

What has he said about them? I find him a bit tedious but not sure what you mean.

I just reread that. He does talk about his friends The Bellas a lot...

He was worse about Melina. Pure creep material to the point where he kept pushing for an on screen angle with her that nobody cared about and got him in the doghouse with his wife somewhat. Anyway.....

Yeah he tends to use a lot of adjectives when mentioning any of the female talent in any of his books. It's a bit disappointing when he's been such a legendary figure for so many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The master of the DDT takes it down, on to the next match.

Round Two, Match Five:

Seth Rollins

vs

Vince McMahon

• Advertisement

This should be straightforward enough. Vinnie mac for the win. Can see him getting to at least the semi final stage.

Advertisement