Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hey Paws. All well here. Walking through Dublin. Wet and mild out.
    Nice. It's wet and mild here too. Have you called and demanded tea from Shim yet?! :p
    Angron wrote:
    I think the main thing I don't like about tea is people acting like I'm insane for not liking it. That, or getting "Oh you just haven't found a tea you like yet!". Sod off, you don't tell vegetarians they've not found the right meat for them yet, same principle here.
    Same idea when you tell people you don't feel like drinking on a night out. I like a drink as much as the next person but I don't need it every time I go out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nice. It's wet and mild here too. Have you called and demanded tea from Shim yet?! :p

Same idea when you tell people you don't feel like drinking on a night out. I like a drink as much as the next person but I don't need it every time I go out.
    Yup, very true.

It's almost like getting an interrogation...

"Why aren't you drinking? Are you pregnant? Are you on antibiotics? Are you on other medication? Ah just have one..."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh fecking antibiotics. One of my friends decided to risk drinking on them, he was in a heap fairly quickly.

Angron wrote:
    Oh fecking antibiotics. One of my friends decided to risk drinking on them, he was in a heap fairly quickly.
    Oh, bad idea.. Some can make you violently sick. I was on antibiotics one time after a cat bite, think it might have been Klacid, and I was warned not to have any alcohol at all, not even a sip.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Irish people assume you have ulterior motives when you're on a night out and not drinking.

That actually really annoys me sometimes. I don't feel it's anyone else's business why I'm not drinking. Usually it's because I'm driving or I just don't feel like it but I don't see why it's a big deal.

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Shiminay wrote: »
    Irish people assume you have ulterior motives when you're on a night out and not drinking.

"look at you, just sitting there, taking notes!":rolleyes::pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

I haven't. I'd only frighten him with my extra set of teeth :p

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

True that Shim.

Have gotten third degree if I don't drink on night.

Not bothered is not a valid reason supposedly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Good woman!!

Well done ATC!

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Yeah ATC

Thanks guys :-D

Lunch time:-D

Oh, bad idea.. Some can make you violently sick. I was on antibiotics one time after a cat bite, think it might have been Klacid, and I was warned not to have any alcohol at all, not even a sip.

Oh I've done it. It was about four summers ago. I went out and drank wine and jaegermeisters. It was hell.

I haven't. I'd only frighten him with my extra set of teeth :p

Wait, WHAT? :eek: :p

How're things with you ATC - when will they be giving you feedback on the interview?

How're things with you ATC - when will they be giving you feedback on the interview?

Yeah. A whole pile of them growing from the roof of my mouth. I might have a picture somewhere.....

Yeah. A whole pile of them growing from the roof of my mouth. I might have a picture somewhere.....

I'm lying :)

:P You'd still be welcome; you're one of us now! :)

:P You'd still be welcome; you're one of us now! :)

Aw shucks! :D

I only just realised that it's Wednesday and is therefore the middle of the week and BakeOff night :D

• Advertisement

things are good thanks:) I'd say I'll get feedback on it in a few days I think, was a bundle of nerves, but glad I've done it. Have a busy few months ahead of me, think my work experience is going ahead next month as well submitting two files for assessment. Also have an art exam in December. All go!

Fierce busy alright there, jeepers!

We did a mock interview when we were in Leaving Cert year which was very handy.

I remember doing my interview for this job about 6 and a half years ago with Gerry/Vexorg (one of the founders) and PK who's the big big boss of Daft and Boards and all the group. Gerry laughed at the start saying "how do I ask someone who's been my friend for 10 years to tell me all about themselves? But anyway, tell me all about yourself" which was a nice ice breaker. After about 50 minutes we were wrapping up and Gerry says "feck ya, you've already given me an answer for all the questions I had for ya!" which made me do an internal happy dance cause it meant we were obviously on the same page for the job :) The second interview was after a night shift so I was fighting hard to stay as alert as necessary. Was only at the end when the lads asked "So, are you off back to work?" and I said "no, I'm off to bed, I'm on nights at the moment" and they were all apologetic for keeping me and said they could've rescheduled. I said "no way lads, we need to get this show on the road" :)

It all worked out rather well I think :D

Fierce busy alright there, jeepers!

We did a mock interview when we were in Leaving Cert year which was very handy.

I remember doing my interview for this job about 6 and a half years ago with Gerry/Vexorg (one of the founders) and PK who's the big big boss of Daft and Boards and all the group. Gerry laughed at the start saying "how do I ask someone who's been my friend for 10 years to tell me all about themselves? But anyway, tell me all about yourself" which was a nice ice breaker. After about 50 minutes we were wrapping up and Gerry says "feck ya, you've already given me an answer for all the questions I had for ya!" which made me do an internal happy dance cause it meant we were obviously on the same page for the job :) The second interview was after a night shift so I was fighting hard to stay as alert as necessary. Was only at the end when the lads asked "So, are you off back to work?" and I said "no, I'm off to bed, I'm on nights at the moment" and they were all apologetic for keeping me and said they could've rescheduled. I said "no way lads, we need to get this show on the road" :)

It all worked out rather well I think :D

yep!

haha shim nice one :D think you did well there. I was very glad it was my tutor interviewing me and not a stranger. how are you?

Fed up trying to help people and being eaten alive because it's not what they want to hear

what's up pp?

Pretty good now, atc Bake Off is later, so there's that to look forward to. Then back to the Mojave for more shooting things in the face :D I just cleared out the Ghouls from a rocket factory and sent them on their Great Journey to the promised land in 2 rocketships. After that I think it's high time I did something about that guy who shot me in the head and made my way to the New Vegas Strip to do some gambling ;)

Paws, sounds like you should probably just not bother if it only causes stress.

Pretty good now, atc Bake Off is later, so there's that to look forward to. Then back to the Mojave for more shooting things in the face :D I just cleared out the Ghouls from a rocket factory and sent them on their Great Journey to the promised land in 2 rocketships. After that I think it's high time I did something about that guy who shot me in the head and made my way to the New Vegas Strip to do some gambling ;)

Paws, sounds like you should probably just not bother if it only causes stress.

good to hear :) oh sounds like a fun evening ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Fed up trying to help people and being eaten alive because it's not what they want to hear

If asked I always give my honest opinion even I know the person won't like it
    I mean if they already have an opinion and expect it as an answer then why are they bothering me asking in the first place :pac:

just been told my next presentation is in mid-September, yay :D

• Advertisement

just been told my next presentation is in mid-September, yay :D

A month to prepare, what're you gonna do it on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement