Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Neighbour's papers for registering his dog with the Irish Kennel Club came back because the breeder was meant to sign them, i.e. he was meant to register the whole litter of pups before he sold them. I f**king told him that when he bought the dog.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Shiminay wrote: »
    I got sick of it, it stopped being "lets laugh with the nerds" and became very much a "lets laugh at the nerds" and frak that.

It must be said though, Melissa Rauch who plays Bernadette is one of the prettiest ladies on TV :)
    Yes to all of this.

It must be said though, Melissa Rauch who plays Bernadette is one of the prettiest ladies on TV :)

Yay for the petite ladies! :D

According to this list, my laptop may not be compatible with Windows 10.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

How old is it?

• Advertisement

Not exactly sure but I think it's around 4 years old.

It's this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Can't wait until this day is over!

Having a bad day, ATC?

Having a bad day, ATC?

A bit yeah, not feeling 100 per cent. People are annoying me, can't be dealing with them today :-(

Oh I know the feeling...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The general public's obsession with Benedict Cumberbatch has me very confused. I mean he's a decent actor, and Sherlock is an okay show, but why are people going insane over the guy?

Cause he has a strange name, looks unconventional and doesn't seem to be a yob.

Paws, good news, your laptop should be upgradable.

Cause he has a strange name, looks unconventional and doesn't seem to be a yob.

Paws, good news, your laptop should be upgradable.
    I've been trying to figure the Sherlock thing for a while, but it's got me baffled. I mean, it's Doctor Who without the Doctor. Doesn't help that Moffat is involved in both shows, I kinda wish he'd leave DW at this point.

Angron wrote: »
    I've been trying to figure the Sherlock thing for a while, but it's got me baffled. I mean, it's Doctor Who without the Doctor. Doesn't help that Moffat is involved in both shows, I kinda wish he'd leave DW at this point.

Yea, I don't enjoy Moffat's spin on The Doctor at all, the last iteration was only saved by 2 things: Matt Smith being an amazing Doctor (he did that tortured old soul behind a young face perfectly) and The Ponds.

Paws, I may have to take back what I said, it's highly unlikely that Toshiba will release drivers for Windows 10 for a device that old, even if we did upgrade it to 4GB of RAM. It looks like you'll have to stick a new computer on your wishlist.

Shiminay wrote:
    Paws, I may have to take back what I said, it's highly unlikely that Toshiba will release drivers for Windows 10 for a device that old, even if we did upgrade it to 4GB of RAM. It looks like you'll have to stick a new computer on your wishlist.
    Ah damn. Well tbh I wasn't really too pushed either way. It seems to be working OK, albeit a little slow.

Yea, I don't enjoy Moffat's spin on The Doctor at all, the last iteration was only saved by 2 things: Matt Smith being an amazing Doctor (he did that tortured old soul behind a young face perfectly) and The Ponds.

Yeah, Smith was very good, I still prefer Tennant though :pac: I enjoyed the Ponds quite a bit too, even if Rory was a bit of a wet blanket at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

The general public's obsession with Benedict Cumberbatch has me very confused. I mean he's a decent actor, and Sherlock is an okay show, but why are people going insane over the guy?

id agree with all of that angron (even i do love the sherlock(ed) show lol)

Ah damn. Well tbh I wasn't really too pushed either way. It seems to be working OK, albeit a little slow.

Yea, I don't know how you manage with 1GB or RAM, that's less than most phones have now :eek: You should definitely consider upgrading that. For comparison, my phone has 3GB and a quad core processor and dedicated graphics chip, so is more than twice as beefy as your little lappy :P

Windows 7 is still a solid OS, you won't need to upgrade to Windows 10 for a long time yet (by which time you will 100% need a new computer).

I should, but I really can't afford it. :(

Stick it on the list for when you're 6 months into a job and have a bitta cash in the pocket. A really solid new lappy won't set you back more than €400

• Advertisement

I really need to save up some money to upgrade my PC. I've been meaning to, but then life gets in the way making me have to pay for other stuff.

If that ever happens I will consider it tbh. I'll plod along with this one for now.

I wouldn't even need a really good one I don't think. Just something I could use the internet on, and I might need Word. That's really it tbh.

I'm home, yay :) thank goodness I can rest my voice now, been coughing all day and trying to hack up a lung

But you need your lung you silly billy! Try swallowing it back down just in case :P

But you need your lung you silly billy! Try swallowing it back down just in case :P

true, swallowing makes me cough more though :p wouldn't be surprised if I have a chest infection. I have antibiotics from when I was in hospital so I'll take those and hope to hit it hard :) how are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

true, swallowing makes me cough more though :p wouldn't be surprised if I have a chest infection. I have antibiotics from when I was in hospital so I'll take those and hope to hit it hard :) how are you?

Plenty of rest & hot fluids ATC, preferably Lyons tea

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Plenty of rest & hot fluids ATC, preferably Lyons tea

Will try to rest as much as I can (cant take a day off college otherwise I'm out). I don't really drink tea but I'll drink squash and honey instead :)

Wait, what? How do you have unprescribed antibiotics? :eek:

Wait, what? How do you have unprescribed antibiotics? :eek:

A while back I was sick with this cough and another infection, I went into hospital with the other infection but a day or two before I went into hospital I went to the Dr and got antibiotics for the cough, I tried to take them in the hospital, but I wasn't able to keep them down as I started vomiting. So that's how I have them:)

• Advertisement

Jebus ATC don't start taking them now! Never take antibiotics unless explicitly told so by a doctor and never leave a course of them unfinished or you become immune. This is serious stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement