Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Shiminay wrote: »
    Jebus ATC don't start taking them now! Never take antibiotics unless explicitly told so by a doctor and never leave a course of them unfinished or you become immune. This is serious stuff.

ok :) my apologies about that shim :o

I'll go to the Dr at the weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Jebus ATC don't start taking them now! Never take antibiotics unless explicitly told so by a doctor and never leave a course of them unfinished or you become immune. This is serious stuff.
    ok :) my apologies about that shim :o

I'll go to the Dr at the weekend :)

He's just looking out for ya, ATC! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Please, please do :) I'd be a really shtty friend if I didn't make a fuss! My father abused antibiotics for years (he had been a sales rep for Boots and had studied some Chemistry, so he had a working knowledge of medication) and we had to watch him die in hospital because he was immune to all the medication they were trying to keep him alive with after they removed one of his kidneys. Extreme case I know, but lax attitudes towards this stuff along with an pharmaceutical industry that rewards doctors for prescribing their products means you have to be more careful than ever about this stuff.

Please, please do :) I'd be a really shtty friend if I didn't make a fuss! My father abused antibiotics for years (he had been a sales rep for Boots and had studied some Chemistry, so he had a working knowledge of medication) and we had to watch him die in hospital because he was immune to all the medication they were trying to keep him alive with after they removed one of his kidneys. Extreme case I know, but lax attitudes towards this stuff along with an pharmaceutical industry that rewards doctors for prescribing their products means you have to be more careful than ever about this stuff.

Jesus, so sorry to hear that, Shim. :(

It's 20 years ago since April, so long in the past and filed away as "meh" at this stage Hugo, but thank you :)

• Advertisement

thanks shim and hugo :) both right

I fully expect to be getting signed copied of your tenth and eleventh books in many years time, this is how I make sure it happens :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Same idea in the veterinary industry, some vets prescribe antibiotics far too readily.

Sorry about your Dad Shim. That's awful. :(

I fully expect to be getting signed copied of your tenth and eleventh books in many years time, this is how I make sure it happens :P

haha :P if I keep writing after the first one (which I probably will after a well earned rest) it's a deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Hey guys :) Get better soon atc.

• Advertisement

Jesus wtf is wrong with everyone today?! My brother had physio and his gf came back with him and you'd swear she was chewing a wasp, ffs. I've had enough of people today. It's no wonder I chose to work with animals, they're easier to deal with!

It's 20 years ago since April, so long in the past and filed away as "meh" at this stage Hugo, but thank you :)

Bro-hugs nonetheless, friend.

Bro-hugs nonetheless, friend.
    This is why I love this place, you're all so lovely. :D

thanks kkkity, I'll do my best to :)

Paws you should throw a bulb at her cos she needs to lighten the feck up. Either that or a fridge cos she should chill the feck out.

thanks kkkity, I'll do my best to :)

What kind of cough do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So much puns there Kitty :D

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So much puns there Kitty :D

I'm queen of the puns Lith. Can be royally hard to come up with good ones sometimes. I do like throne them about though.

KKkitty wrote: »
    What kind of cough do you have?

it's a dry tickly cough and a very croaky voice

Thank you kindly good sir Stiglitz :)

Kitty if you weren't a married lady, I've be on my knee proposing right now :D:D:D

• Advertisement

KKkitty wrote:
    Paws you should throw a bulb at her cos she needs to lighten the feck up. Either that or a fridge cos she should chill the feck out.
    Hehe :D

I dunno why she comes over at all because she evidently doesn't like the house or any of us (apart from my brother obviously), she's always in foul humour. Even more so lately because my brother is staying downstairs because of his back, and they don't get time on their own. If she can't cope for a week she's got another thing coming. I've not had so much as a kiss in nearly three years and you don't see me throwing a hissy fit.

/rant

:o

it's a dry tickly cough and a very croaky voice

Get some honey into you. Gargle with salt and warm water too.

KKkitty wrote:
    Get some honey into you. Gargle with salt and warm water too.
    Or a hot whiskey. ;)

Or a hot whiskey. ;)

After a few of those atc will forget about her cough :D

Exactly. :D:p

Thank you kindly good sir Stiglitz :)

Kitty if you weren't a married lady, I've be on my knee proposing right now :D:D:D

Thank you Shim :)

might get whiskey tomorrow but the honey will do for now :)

what to have for dinner, humm, decisions decisons!

Just had my dinner.

I've honestly had enough. I went into the sitting room and both of them stopped talking. I feel like a guest in my own house ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm still planning my own dinner, so much decisions...

Also Seph & Joya have been very silent recently :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement